Chapter 5

Dinner was awkward, yet enjoyable at the same time. The constant stares from the king didn't go unnoticed to you; it felt somewhat intimidating, and you barely touched the food on your plate. Thankfully, Legolas playing with his dinner and talking non-stop lifted the tension.

"Thia, can you teach me how to use a bow and arrow tomorrow?" he asked, looking at you with pleading eyes.

"O-oh, I'm not too sure about that..." you replied softly, placing your hands in your lap. Both Legolas and his father gave you a confused look. You turned to look at Thranduil. "I greatly appreciate your hospitality, and for healing me...however I will be leaving tonight."

"What!" Legolas gasped and stood up on his chair, leaning his hands on the table. "But why?"

"Legolas, sit down." Thranduil snapped, leaving his eyes locked onto you. His son huffed and plopped himself back into his seat. "What is your reason for wanting to leave?"

"There is a loved one of mine who may be alive...I must search for her." you said, glancing at the two of them.

"Do you know her whereabouts?" Thranduil asked, swirling a glass of wine in his hand. His firm eyes stared into you, looking unimpressed by your decision of leaving. You bit your lip and shook your head, looking down at your hands.

"But-but..." Legolas uttered, looking around for an excuse for you to stay.

"I am sorry, Legolas." you whispered, before standing up. "Excuse me..." you bowed slightly and walked out of the dining hall. The tapping of your shoes echoed up the stairway as you made your way to your room. The sound of heavier footsteps grew louder from behind you, nonetheless you carried on walking briskly, until a hand grabbed your wrist. Looking around you came face to face with none other than the king himself.

"Meet me in an hour on the left terrace." He said firmly, his amazing blue eyes piercing through you.

"...why?" you involuntarily squeaked from his stare.

"I do believe we need to talk." He replied slowly, narrowing his eyes at you. "One hour." he repeated, letting go of your wrist and striding away. You carried on to your room, lying down on the bed and staring out the window. The sky glowed a magnificent orange as the sun bid farewell to the day. Normally watching the sun set was a pleasant thing for you, however all it reminded you of was the fire that engulfed the inn, followed by Granny June, and Edwin's head-

You rolled off the bed and drew the curtains shut, leaving you in a very dark room; that didn't help you either, and you felt yourself panic as memories of being locked in a small, dark room with Denethor's cruel voice echoing around you. You rushed out of the room, breathing deeply as you wandered through the palace. Your ears pricked up as you walked passed a door, hearing Legolas's voice from inside. Making sure no one was around, you leaned closer to the door curiously.

"Legolas, sit here so I can brush your hair." Thranduil's voice said from inside. "You always manage to mess up your braids..." You pressed your fingers on your lips at the thought of Thranduil grooming his son.

"Ada, I don't want Thia to go." Legolas said sadly. "I want her to live here with us."

"I know, ion-nin (son)." Thranduil sighed.

"She's like nana (mummy)." he commented innocently.

"Yes, she is beautiful, just like your nana was." the king chuckled softly. You blinked several times, feeling your cheeks burn at his compliment.

"Ada!" Legolas giggled. "I mean she can use a bow and arrow like nana!"

"...no bedtime story for you, Legolas!" Thranduil cleared his throat whilst Legolas laughed hysterically.

"Ada likes Thia!" he sung, and you heard his light footsteps run around the room. "Are you going to ask her to marry you, ada?"

"I guess you do not want that bedtime story..." Thranduil said mockingly. You heard Legolas gasp loudly and complain, before Thranduil laughed heartily. As he started reading his son a story, you walked away with a smile on your lips, making your way to the left terrace.

You pondered about what Thranduil wanted to talk to you about; it couldn't just be because you wanted to leave, could it? Why would he be so concerned about something like that? Surely that was the least of his worries, given that he had to run a whole kingdom. You sighed to yourself and stopped walking, realising that you had just gotten yourself lost. Looking around, you tried to see if any of the corridors seemed familiar to you, but unfortunately for you they didn't.

"You seem lost." You heard Thranduil's voice behind you. He stood a few feet from you with his hands behind his back. "The left terrace is this way, come." He offered you his arm, which you hesitantly accepted, placing your hand on his forearm.

I'm sorry it took so long for this update! And sorry it's so short! I promise I'll make the next one longer XD

What do you guys think so far? :3 I hope you enjoyed it!

Stay tuned!

Chiyo xxx