─ bonus chapter: two

march 27th, 2025

"beomgyu!"

yue received no response, causing her to release a stressed sigh as she bounced the small child on her hip.

"choi beomgyu!"

"yes?" beomgyu asked, entering the kitchen. he immediately began to smile as he walked closer to his wife and son, placing a kiss on both of their cheeks.

"can you go get the mail for me? my grandmother said someone sent something to me but had accidentally mailed it to her."

beomgyu nodded, before swooping the baby up from her arms, "come on, yunhee. let's give mom a break, yeah?" he stared at him for a response, but all the baby did was coo slightly. taking that as an answer, beomgyu nodded, "you're right. mommy and daddy should go on a date next week. great idea, yunhee."

all yue could do was laugh as she watched beomgyu put on his shoes and their jackets. "bye!" she waved, her smile bright.

-

it didn't take long for yunhee and beomgyu to retrieve the mail, and in no time the two were already back to their apartment. walking in, beomgyu set yunhee down, the boy immediately crawling off to his toys in the living room. following after him with the mail, beomgyu called out for his wife, "yue, i got your mail."

"i'm cooking dinner right now, could you open it for me?"

beomgyu nodded, even though he was aware she couldn't see him. opening up the large envelope, he saw a note attached to a stack of opened envelopes inside.

dear yue,

i'm sorry to tell you, but whoever this "gyu" is that you've been writing to, he never received your letters. maybe you had the wrong mailing address, but i assure you my name isn't gyu. luckily i am korean, so i was able to read what you were writing, and i was able to mail these back to you. i wasn't originally planning to, but something told me that you'd want these back, though it's been awhile since you've sent them. anyways, i hope everything between you two ended on a good note. wish you all the best even though i don't know you!

sincerely, 

choi soobin

raising an eyebrow, beomgyu pulled the stack of envelopes out, opening up the first one. "dear, gyu," he read aloud, "i'm sorry i haven't contacted you since you left.." he stopped reading, his mind going back to the time that kai had told him yue had written letters. "these must be it!"

excitedly, beomgyu began reading through every letter. his heart felt elated to know that yue really had been thinking of him during those two years that he was gone. but it also hurt him to know that she thought he was purposely ignoring her.

reading the fourth letter, beomgyu's eyes widened when he realized she stopped using his nickname, "wait, why is it beomgyu? why not gyu?" shaking his head, he kept reading. finally reaching the last letter, his heart clenched in his chest when he noticed she didn't end the letter how she had before. "why not with love?"

"what are you talking about?" yue asked, walking into the living room.

jumping up from his spot on the couch, beomgyu showed her, "look! it's the letters you sent me when i was studying abroad."

"wait," yue slowly sat down next to him, "really?"

beomgyu nodded ecstatically, "some guy named soobin was receiving them the entire time. i guess he was living in london too."

"i have a couple questions for you." yue looked at him expectantly, causing beomgyu to begin asking, "why did you stop calling me gyu? why did you stop saying, 'with love, yue'? and how did you get the wrong address?"

blinking at bit, as she hadn't expected him to say all of those questions so quickly, yue opened her mouth to answer, "well, i thought you were ignoring me. i figured you thought the letters were annoying, so i started becoming more formal with them. and kai is the one who gave me your address."

"of course it was huening kai!" beomgyu sighed, bringing his phone out.

"what are you doing?"

"calling kai to yell at him, duh," beomgyu scrolled down to his contact, and was about to press the call button, but yue placed a hand over his as she chuckled quietly.

"beomgyu," when he looked at her, she smiled softly, "it's okay. it's been about 3 or 4 years since those letters. it's not important anymore." she placed a hand on his cheek, then turned her gaze to their child who was playing with his toys, "what's important is what we have now. our family."

beomgyu nodded slowly, letting out a quiet sigh of defeat, "i guess you're right." looking back at yue, he grinned, gripping her hand in his, "i love you."

she smiled, "i know." standing up, she began walking back towards the kitchen, "come eat, it's dinner time."

beomgyu stood too, picking up his son on the way into the kitchen, "let's go, yunhee. mom's made us something delicious!"

-

tada! this is to celebrate almost 200k reads and to make up for not posting at 100k reads. thank you guys for your continuous support on this book, even though it's now been over a year since i finished it. i hope you guys are safe and are doing okay!