─ thirty-three

june 13, 2019

"ah, why do we still have school even though it's so hot?"

"kai, if you complain one more time-"

"it's not my fault it's so hot outside!" he sighed, grabbing his things from his locker, "wanna go get something to eat after school?"

yue shook her head, a shy grin sitting on her lips, "i can't, beomgyu and i are going to get ice cream."

"this isn't fair," he whined, "i helped you find a boyfriend, now you help me get a girlfriend."

yue chuckled, but he continued to latch onto her arm.

"yue, i'm serious! i get lonely sometimes," he complained, "plus, you and beomgyu spend almost all of your free time together. that's two-thirds of my friend group," he held up two fingers on one hand, and three on the other, "two-thirds! where does that leave me?"

"pipe down, drama queen," yue rolled her eyes slightly, "you still have yeonjun."

"i heard my name?"

an arm slung over yue's shoulder, causing her to jump in surprise, "oh, it's just you," she gestured to kai, "kai is complaining about not having anyone to hang out with."

"well, i have soccer practice tonight. maybe some other time?"

kai's hopeful smile fell flat, as he grumpily looked away.

"hey," beomgyu's all-too-familiar voice greeted, causing all three heads to turn. without hesitation, he intertwined his fingers with yue's, pulling her closer to him, "you ready?"

kai covered his mouth, pointing at their hands, "beomgyu just- just-"

"we'll see you guys later," he started walking away, a still dazed yue trailing slightly behind.

-

beomgyu continued to hold her hand, even when they went into the ice cream parlor. he finally let go when the two sat down to enjoy their cones.

"do you like your flavor?" yue asked, licking the top of her cotton candy ice cream.

"it's just vanilla," he shrugged, but nodded to answer her question, "i guess so."

she held her cone in front of his face, "here, try it! you always get plain flavors, you should try something new," she encouraged with a smile.

beomgyu hesitantly licked it, his eyes slightly widening in delight. "it's good." yue could tell he liked it more, so she grabbed the vanilla cone from his other hand, and gave him her own.

"here, have mine," she grinned, which in turn caused beomgyu to grin back, because her smile was just that contagious.

-

here's a little fluff chapter. there will be a few of these for a little while, bear with me pls :)

guys, it's almost the end, i don't know if i'm ready. there's about 10 more chapters left :/