─ eighteen

april 21, 2018

yue squirmed in her seat, her lip being tugged slightly between her teeth.

"i got the popcorn," the nervous boy announced as he took his seat next to yue. "i heard this movie is supposed to be good."

she smiled, digging her hand into the bucket, "thanks."

the two quieted down, the movie beginning to play throughout the theater. their eyes were focused on the screen as the lights dimmed down.

yue fought with herself internally for even accepting his invitation; because she knew she didn't like him. and the last thing she wanted to do was lead someone on.

yeonjun looked around awkwardly, fidgeting with his fingers in his lap. he wasn't expecting the date to be this... anticlimactic. he expected sparks to fly, and for the two to suddenly fall madly in love with each other. obviously, his plan wasn't going very well.

after the movie had finally ended, yeonjun was walking yue home.

"ah," he cleared his throat, "did you enjoy the movie?"

"yes!" yue chirped, "it was nice. thank you."

he nodded, feeling a bit relieved. as the approached her door, they both opened their mouths to speak.

"so." "so."

"you go first-" "you go first-"

yeonjun sighed, "ok, well- i don't think you and i click very well, on a- erm- romantic level?"

yue sighed, placing a hand over her heart, "i'm glad you think so too. you're a really nice guy, though!"

"so," he trailed, before holding his hand out in front of himself, "friends?"

"friends." yue shook his hand, grinning.

-

ik i kinda left you guys hanging last chapter,, WOOPS

also, since the chapters are shorter, you get more of them! enjoy this double update!

love u my little hunnybuns <3