Im scared.

I've seen what love does to people. It breaks them. And I hated seeing that hoping it wouldn't happen to me. My best friend Vivian, a long time ago met someone that she thought would be together in the future but one day, she caught him outside the shops holding hands with someone and looked happy at the same time. And of course, Vivian paid no mind because of how she was blinded with love. When she brought that incident up, the guy would just tell her lies about being a friend from his old school.

Not long after that happened, I saw the same guy kissed someone while I was going home from work and quickly called Vivian.

"Hey Viv.. you wouldn't believe what happened." I said nervously.

"Is everything okay?", She replied.

"I saw your boyfriend kissing someone."

After that, I went to her place and saw her crying heavily on the floor. I mean she gave up everything for that dumbass guy but gets cheated in return. So no. I don't want that kind of sht.

It took her awhile to adjust and come out of her shell after tons of persuading from me even though I don't know jacksht when in comes to break ups or whatevah stuff normal people go through. I would buy her favourite food just to cheer her up but then it means I had to postpone buying all the new cool games.

Was crying inside but you'd do anything for your best friend.

I sighed. Moving my cappuccino to make the art look ugly.

"What are you thinking?"

I looked up and shrugged seeing Vivian giving me a pointed look.

"You know that you can tell me anything, Knox." She said while looking at me seriously.

"I know. I just.. don't know." I said getting frustrated.

"Spit it out will you?"

I sighed. "Well I was just thinking the time you got cheated on with that jerk what's his name again? Oh Carlo."

She frowned. " Oh.. what about it? His a jerk. I can't believe I was that stupid to believe that his the one for me." She chuckled and finishing her cappuccino.

"Yeah, well I'm glad that you found someone that finally respects and cherishes you." I looked down on my cappuccino. " I'm just scared Viv. I don't want to go through the pain you've felt before. Some people cannot be trusted nowadays."

" Yeah I get you. But in life Knox, you gotta risk something you know. Every mistake is a learning experience." She smiled. "You just gotta choose carefully and balance between your love life and for yourself."

Vivian has been by my side since we were little. Our parents have been good friends and long time neighbours. I'm entirely different from her. Even though I'm older by months, Viv has ben the responsible kid while I'm the irresponsible one. But hey, I'm learning and slowly coming out of my shell.

Hah! What a joke.

"Thanks Viv. For everything." I said while looking up at her smiling.

She's all I got in this world full of chaos.

She then fake gagged but smiled in return. " You know I got you, Knox. And I know you got my back too."

We both chuckled.

"Where do you wanna go now?" She asked standing up ready to go.

"Hm do you just wanna call it a day and come hang out at my place?" I said while smirking at her. With the mood we just created, I know playing games would satisfy us.

"You know me too well." She smirked back at me. "Aren't you tired though?"

"No games would make me tired." I shrugged.

She just shakes her head smiling and we both started walking out.

Hehek. Thoughts?

-pixie