Chapter 2: "Unfortunate Events"

[A/N] I wanted to publish this sooner but I was a bit distracted by something else.. But yo, this whole chapter has 1852 words! Wowza! 😳

Another thing.. If you haven't checked out my conversation board- Which of the 3 prince brothers of the Kou Empire would go face to face with Kouha for (Y/n)'s love the most? Kouen, Koumei, or Hakuryuu, and tell me how so would they confront him?

🌹*⑅❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*🌹

~*Kouen's Povs*~

There was a knock on my door as I paused from studying more on dragonkin history and their rituals of old, "You may enter." I looked up as I spoke to see Koumei walk in and bow with his hands clasp in front of him before stepping closer to the desk.

"My King, we have received a reply from the Ananta Kingdom." He hands over a paper scroll letter to me.

"Hmm." I nod, grabbing it whilst setting down what I previously read aside and unrolled the letter with its red wax stamped of their royal signature upon it.

Dear Kou Empire,

I have read over and had regard to your request. We will gladly accept a few terms and conditions. In return, we request a marriage arrangement for our eldest princess (Y/n), and one of your princes, I think the princess should decide on which prince she would marry. We also invite your princes over to our kingdom for this meet to happen.

King Zale Of Ananta~

I grinned and handed it over back to my brother. "An arranged marriage uhh? Send this to Empress Gyokuen."

"Yes, My Brother." Koumei walks out into the hallway with the letter in hand.

"Winning over a dragonkin's heart..." I frowned at first but soon after, I smirked slightly and continued studying about them.

~*Third-Person*~

Earlier that same week the imperial princes were informed that a letter was sent to the Kingdom of Ananta of their arrival and to begin making preparations to depart to meet their "fortunate" princess that they are soon to woo and possibly marry depending on who could win her heart first, though how does one win a dragonkin's affection?

The princes were walking down the royal halls of their palace with the eldest prince taking the lead, "The carriages are our best bet of transportation to the Ananta Kingdom until we reach the mountains. When we do reach there we'll have to ride on horseback." Kouen says while walking with his other brothers behind him.

"Are the mountain trails that steep for the carriages?" A black-haired prince inquired.

"Yes and no, not only are the trail's steep but it is too narrow for any large wagons." Kouen responded. Then turned a corner to see a maid coming from the opposite side, "You, inform the princesses that we'll be departing shortly." He sternly said to the short girl who seemed to be frightened.

"Yes, Your Highness!" The maid bows and scurries off toward the direction behind them.

"Hehe, En-nii you scared her off." Kouha chuckled while still hearing the maids hurried footsteps as he walked closer to his older brother with a smile.

"Hmm. There's nothing to be afraid of around me." The goatee man glanced at his pink-haired brother from his side, "Wouldn't they be more scared around you than me?" He teased, brushing his short goatee with a hand and the other behind his back.