Home (16)

Wraith

"You were a pilot." She said looking at me. "For the IMC. I didn't know you directly, we never spoke, weren't friends. I just know you were an excellent pilot. You were one of the best the IMC had, and then one day you just weren't." Bangalore sat in the floor across from me in my apartment; Elliot sat beside me, his hand comfortingly on my knee. Once we got out of the woods and were certain we were safe for a while, Bangalore called for a ship to come get us and take us back to the Apex Complex.

"What happened? To me, I mean. Why am I like this? Why didn't you tell me?" None of this made sense. How could I have been a good pilot before? Could I still fly if I tried? Why would the IMC put me in one of their own facilities if I used to work for them? All of these questions I didn't have answers to, and yet I knew Anita didn't either.

"We don't know what happened to you. Everyone wondered. One day you freaked out midair while you were flying a ship. Said something about voices. None of us knew where they'd came from, most didn't even see it happen; I didn't. I only heard about what happened. Some say the IMC did it to you as part of an experiment, some say you were possessed by some sort of demon. Me, well I don't know. The next day though, you were gone. No one heard from you again. I remember when I first met you here at Apex, I thought of Renee from the IMC. The one with the incredible talent, so full of fire that everyone talked about, and I thought that you looked like her. But you were so broken, I couldn't have been sure, and you didn't remember your past or anything. I didn't say anything to you because I didn't want to confuse you. You were already so lost and confused I didn't want to make it worse. But you were also strong. You still are. I don't know much about who you were, but I do know who you are now and so do you. And that's what matters for now. You'll get your past back, but for now that's all I have."

"Thank you, Anita." I say, using her real name for once. "I didn't need to lash out at you, it didn't do much good. I've just spent so much time chasing after this the second I knew of someone that had information and didn't tell me I was angry. I didn't think of how things would look from your point of view and I'm sorry for that." She gave a curt nod in response and stood up and approached the door. I watched as she turned the handle and left. I turned to face Elliot who has just been staring at me. "What?" I said, giving him a quizzical look.

"You're stronger than you know, and I love you for that."

I smile. There he goes with those words again. The ones that make my heart melt and my face smile. I think I know what love is now. Love is how Elliot trekked across the wilderness to find me with a lady he barely knew (who can also be very scary and intense sometimes.) Love is all the times he lends an ear to listen to my problems and concerns. Love is his willingness to step back if I'm uncomfortable or unsure. And I've discovered love is what I feel for him too. Love is how my heart skips when he gives me that endearing smile. Love is how when he holds me I never want to let go. Love is how I never want to be without him ever again. And it's in that moment I look into his eyes and say three words I think have been on my mind forever I just didn't know what they meant or how to say them, but now I do.

"I love you." I whisper looking deeply into his eyes. Elliot leans in and grabs my face and kisses me. I know the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words, but I think in this situation, a kiss was worth a thousand words.

It was in that moment that despite everything that had gone on, with Elliot's lips on mine I felt completely safe. Sure I had a million things to worry about and a million unanswered questions, but I knew that as long as I had Elliot by my side, I'd be completely fine. I finally felt like I was home.

854 words

Okay sooooo here's this chapter. There a very popular thing about Wraith being a pilot for the IMC before, but I think that's just a fanfic thing but I think it suits her so I decided to include it. (I think respawn might have actually confirmed that the thing on her combat outfit is a pilot insignia but that may have just been a dream I can hardly tell dreams and reality apart sometimes) Anyways I hope you enjoyed and sorry for the wait! Xoxo- Hannah