Elliot (1)

One squad left aside from us, and we still haven't seen them. Mirage is downstairs and Pathfinder is on a rooftop on a building parallel to ours. Mirage calls from downstairs "Hey I think I may have seen someone run into the building Path is on."

"Let's go check it out. The sooner this match is over, the better." I say and walk downstairs to meet Mirage. We dash across the street and carefully open the door to the building. As soon as it  creaks open, Bangalore shoots, and a bullet whizzes past my head. Before I register what I'm doing, my pale hand grasps my peacemaker and pulls the trigger.

"Nice kill, Wraith."  Mirage says to me. "I could have done better though." I roll my eyes. In the Apex games you get used to killing, and death here isn't permanent, but I can't help but feel a little guilty for every kill. I run my hands through my dark hair and keep moving. We need to find the other two squad mates so we can end this match as soon as humanly possible.  I look through the corner of my eye, and notice Mirage is staring.

"What are you looking at?" I ask him. I'm not used to having attention, and when I do it's usually negative.

"Oh nothing. Just my beautiful self's reflection in your eyes." He's so cocky, it can be kind of annoying at times, but most of the time it's just funny. We keep moving. Pathfinder calls that he has spotted an enemy, and we approach a hillside with little boulders here and there. Mirage and I move closer to where the enemy is, ducking behind the cover of the rocks as we go.

Suddenly, shots ring out and Mirage is downed. I rush over to him as he crawls to cover, and revive him quickly, using the emergency medical syringe each of us carries. As he stands up I toss him a med kit and some shield batteries, and rush back into battle, pulling out my triple take. I fire a couple of shots into Gibraltar before he is downed by Mirage. Pathfinder kills their remaining squad mate, Bloodhound, and the we are the Apex champions of this round.

After the games, we are patched up then shipped back to the Apex Complex where we all live between matches while participating in the games. As the ship docks, Mirage looks at me.

"Great job today, we couldn't have won without you, Wraith." He winks then fingerguns.

"You too, Mirage. You bring a lot to the team." I smile back at him, about to turn and walk to my room.

"Elliot."

"What?"

"Call me Elliot outside of the ring." He gives me another lopsided grin. "I wish I could call you something besides Wraith." He states, his hand grazing his beard. His chocolate colored eyes meet mine.

"Yeah, I do too."

429 Words

A/N: I re-uploaded this chapter and changed it because it was rushed and not true to  character and there were some inconsistencies in my writing that i needed to iron out. I hope this one is better.