Anita's Help (12)

Wraith
I don't know how long I've been here, It could be one day, It could be a week. All I know is that I'm hungry, and I hurt. All I've known is pain for however long I've been here, where ever here is. I can't see my surroundings, it's too dark, but I know I'm in a small room somewhere. I try to phase into the void to get out of the room, but it doesn't work. They've somehow blocked my ability to do so. The voices still talk to me, and they're probably the only reason I'm even still alive at this point. They constantly suggest ways I could possibly escape, each one failing. Did people even notice I'm gone? Is anyone coming to get me? The door opens slightly, letting in a small beam of light. I still can't see anything more than before, except my own pale, bruised hand. A small plate of food slides in, the first in who knows how long. I eat it without hesitation, it's all I can do to hope it's not poisoned.

Mirage
"Where are you going, friend?" Pathfinder asks me, as I pack a small bag of things I think I'll need.

"First to try and talk Bangalore into helping me, and then I'm going to find Wraith."

"Then I'll come with you."

"No."

"Wraith is my friend too, and I think I might come in handy." I thought about it for a second before finally saying,

"Okay fine."

A few minutes later, I stand in front of Bangalore's door, my hand hovering, waiting to knock. I finally make myself knock, and the door is opened and all I see is a shotgun barrel in my face.
"Why are you here?" Bangalore asks, only lowering her shotgun a little bit.

"Sheesh, you could've killed me. How'd you even get that outside of the games?" She rolls her eyes and signals for us to come in.

"What do you need?" She asks us again, this time with more attitude. If I had been talking to anyone else, I'd probably tell her to watch the sass, but with Bangalore that doesn't seem like a good idea.

"You know Wraith has been taken, right?"

"The whole frontier knows, why?"

"I think it might have been someone that used to work for the IMC, and you're-."

"I'm the only person you know that might know anything about the IMC." She cuts me off, knowing exactly where I'm going. "If they're from the IMC, they're probably very dangerous... What's in it for me?" I pause for a second, I'm surprised she even considered it.

"I'm sure I can think of something, I just really need to find her."

"I think it's because Mirage is in love with Wraith." Pathfinder says. I shoot him a glare, but I doubt he noticed.  Bangalore seems to take careful consideration before answering.

"Fine I'll help, but you'll owe me big time."

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We'll leave in an hour, yeah? Path and I will go grab some things I think we'll need and we'll meet in the lobby. You won't regret this!" I exclaim. Maybe we actually have a chance of finding her.

"I already do." Bangalore says as Path and I leave her room.

After grabbing a few things I think we'll need, Pathfinder and I wait in the lobby for Bangalore. When she finally arrives, she still has the shotgun in her hand, and I've decided after this I'll stay out of her way.

"Do you have any idea of where they might have taken her?" She asks me. I scratch the back of my neck.

"Well, no... but I figured you might."

"Well I do know a place. It's an old IMC facility about 300 miles from here. It's very remote and if they didn't want her to be found, then that's definitely where they'd take her. The way isn't easy, we can drive for most of it, but after that it's only accessible by air or walking. Are you two sure you can handle it?"

"Absolutely! This will be a fun adventure with a new friend!" Pathfinder pipes up. I wish I could borrow some of his enthusiasm.

"Not exactly, but I said I'd do whatever it takes to get her back, and I'm not giving up that easy. Lead the way, Bangalore."

"Call me Anita, I don't hear it much." I nod. "She must really mean something to ya, for you to go to all this trouble."

"She does. Whatever it takes, wherever I have to go, I have to get her back." I say, and we are on our way.

Wraith
I hear whispers outside the room.

"Are you sure this is her?" I hear a voice say, it's a female, a pretty young sounding one at that.

"This is her. There's no one else it could be." Another voice speaks, it's a man, much older sounding than the girl, possibly her father.

"But we've tried everything, and she hasn't said a word. Is it possible she doesn't know anything?"

"She knows something. I can see it in her eyes. We just have to hit the right nerve. We need more leverage, to raise the stakes." He says. The voices start to fade, as if they're moving away from my door. They think I know something, but know something about what? What information could I possibly have that they would want? I don't even know my own name. I lay down and try to get some rest. If Elliot is looking for me, I hope he finds me soon. I don't like the sound of the word leverage. They might come for him next, one of the few people that it's publicly known that I care about.

Be careful, Elliot.

971 words

Hey there! I know I said wednesday for the next update but i think y'all have been waiting long enough. I might have to cut down to one update a week because of school. I am taking harder courses this year. Would y'all prefer wednesday or friday for my weekly updates, please let me know. Also sorry this chapter is a bit shorter. The chapters will probably get longer as the story progresses. Thanks so much for reading and also be sure to check out my one shots book and drop a request if you want. I'll write any apex legends ships or x readers that you request. Xoxo- Hannah