Quiet (8)

I am in my room, sitting on the couch. I invited Mirage and Pathfinder over for a brief squad meeting to discuss strategies for the upcoming match. There's a knock on the door.

"Hello, friend! I am excited about the squad meeting! More time spent with friends! Mirage was leaving his room as I came in, he should be here soon!" I smile at Path's enthusiasm. And sure enough there's another knock on the door. I open the door and let Mirage in. Neither of us have said anything about the kiss, yesterday, and I can tell it's driving him crazy.

"Alright, lets hurry this up I've got takeout back in my room that's calling my name." Elliot laughs, and I chuckle too. He always has the right amount of humor to lighten any situation, even if this one didn't really need it.

"So, lets talk strategy." I say, and the meeting begins.

We talk for about half an hour, then finally decide the meeting is over. The meetings never last long, they just help to make sure we are all on the same page.

"Goodbye friends! I need to go and recharge." We wave goodbye, and then it's just me and Mirage.

"We need to talk," He says. "I can't say I didn't see that one coming. "What am I to you, Wraith? What are we? I want to be in a relationship with you, I really do."

"Elliot... I just don't know yet. You'll have to bear with me, I don't exactly know what I'm doing, here. I just know that I care about you, but I can't just be another one of your girls. You have a reputation for being a womanizer, you know." His face shifts, and he looks angry.

"Glad to know that's what you think of me!" He shouts, and I flinch at the sound. "And to think, I thought I could be something with you! All you see is what everyone else thinks of me! I thought maybe you were different, but I guess I was wrong."He says the last sentence as almost a whisper. He turns to walk out the door.

"Can you blame me for being cautious? Can you really get mad that I'm protecting myself from being another one of your pets? I trust you Elliot, I really do, but I have to know if that's what this is to you, just another relationship. Because I sure as hell don't want it to be." Tears brim in my eyes, and I try to hold them in. He stops and turns to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to get angry, I just didn't think about it from your standpoint. I can see why you'd want to protect yourself. I don't want it to be just another relationship. I care about you, Wraith. I promise you aren't just another girl."

"Then, what does that make us?"

"Whatever you want it to."

"Then I want you to be my boyfriend." I smile. Saying the word sounds strange coming out of my mouth, and I'm almost certain I have never said it before.

"Then that makes you my girlfriend." He says, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Maybe we can keep it quiet for now? I'm not sure if I'm quite ready for everyone else to know yet." I say, imagining what the press would be like if they realized their favorite bachelor was no longer on the market.

"Whatever you want, though I doubt you'll be able to hide it for long. You can't resist staring at all this" He says, gesturing to himself. I roll my eyes and hit him playfully on the arm.

He left soon after our conversation, and I spent the rest of my day in my room reading. Now it's nearly 11:00 at night and I can't seem to sleep. The voices keep whispering things to me like You made a mistake and You shouldn't trust him. The voices are helpful most of the time, but tonight they just won't shut up. I know I can trust Elliot, I know it. I decide that I won't get any sleep tonight if I stay here, so I decide to walk over to Elliot's room. He's probably still up, and he can talk to me until I get tired enough to go to sleep. He is now my boyfriend after all. Even thinking the word is so foreign to me, but it's not a bad thing. I'm finding myself again. I knock on his door, and wait for him to say to come in. When he doesn't respond immediately, I almost assume he's asleep and walk away, but just when I'm about to walk away, he opens the door.

"Wraith? What's going on?" He asks, with genuine concern in his voice.

"I couldn't sleep." I say. He nods and lifts his toned arm, to let me step through the door under it. Now getting a better look at him, I realize he must've just gotten out of the shower. His curly hair is dripping still, and he's only wearing shorts.

"Why couldn't you sleep?"

"The voices kept whispering things to me, and I just couldn't block them out to sleep. They seem to be quieter when you're around." I say to him, hoping he doesn't think it's weird. I sit on his bed, which seems much more comfortable than mine for some odd reason.

"I was just about to go to sleep, but you can stay here with me, if you want." He says, and I raise an eyebrow. Us sleep in the same bed? We are dating now, but we've only been dating for less than a day, though I've known him much longer. I finally decide to stay, but only because it's Elliot and I know he won't try anything, and I really desperately need some sleep.

"Fine, but no funny business. I will not hesitate to murder you." I state, crawling under the covers. He lays down too.

"I don't doubt that." He says. We lay in comfortable silence for a while, then I start to doze off. He puts an arm around me and pulls me close. For once I go to sleep with ease. And for once, the voices are completely...

quiet.

1050 Words

I really like this chapter! Hopefully you enjoy it too and until next time... jk I just wanted to say over 600 reads? what!? thank y'all so much!
Xoxo~ Hannah