Chapter 39: Nicknames

Austen said he was picking me up at 8. He even told me I could dress casual if I wanted.

That left me down to nothing.

"Kaitlyn!! Lexi!! Get up here!! I need help!!!" I shouted.

"Yeah we know. Can't believe it took you this long to figure it out." Lexi said walking in my room.

I stuck my tongue out at her.

"So what are we five now?" She rolled her eyes.

"Woah what happened in here?!" Kaitlyn asked as she walked in.
Clothes and shoes were strewn across my room. I had thrown them all out of my walk in closet in frustration.

"I can't find anything to wear!!"

"Well you might wanna hurry because you have like 30 minutes. Didn't he say he was coming around 8?" Lexi asked.

I nodded, "Yeah but I CANT FIND ANYTHING TO WEAR!!!"

"Okay. Let's just take a second and breathe. Why don't you wear that shirt you got yesterday?" Kaitlyn says

"The one with the heart?"

"Yeah and some shorts and your new black high tops."

"Thanks Kaitlyn. You were a huge help." I glared at Lexi.

"Why don't i help and do your makeup?"

"And I can do your hair!"

I nodded. "Thank you!! What would I do without yall?"
---
Lexi was almost finished with my makeup when the door bell rang.

"I'll get it!" Kaitlyn says as she runs out the door.

"Almost done. There. All done," Lexi says as she adds lipstick to my lips.

I smile. "Thanks Lex!"

I walk over to the full body mirror and smile.

I'm wearing a white tank top with a huge black heart in the middle, blue jean shorts, and my black high tops. My makeup is darker than normal, a bit edgier, and my hair is in a messy bun. Kaitlyn decided to paint my nails gray to match my outfit to which I rolled my eyes but let her being the great friend that I am.

"Stop staring at yourself and go on your date!"

"Thanks Lex! What would I do without you?"

"You would look unattractive. Now go before I push you down the stairs!"

"Alright, alright! Bye!"

"Bye have fun!"

"I will!"

I ran to my room and grabbed my phone and my purse. I walked downstairs to see Austen and Kaitlyn talking.

"Wow." Austen says looking up at me, I was standing in the middle of the staircase.

I smiled at him.

"You look beautiful."

"You don't look too bad yourself."

He was wearing a red shirt, khaki shorts, and black vans.

"Should we go?" He asked.

"Yeah. Bye Kaitlyn see you later!"

"Byeee have fun you two!!" Kaitlyn said as she shut the doors on us.
--
As we turn out of the neighborhood Austen turns on the radio and my favorite song by Iggy came on

"BLACK BLACK WIDOW BABY!!" I screamed/sang.

We both rapped and sang the song on our way to wherever Austen was taking me for our date.
He parked the car in the bowling alley parking lot. I haven't been bowling in years!

Austen got out of the car and walked around and opened the door for me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome." He smiled back.

We walked inside and Austen walked to the desk and rented a lane and some shoes for us. I walked over to the ball rack and picked out a pink 8 pound ball for myself and I would let Austen pick out his own.

Austen walked over to where I was and picked out his ball and led me to our lane.

I put my ball in the ball return and walked over to the keypad.

"Okay let's see my nickname will be...." I put my hand on my chin and started thinking.

"How about if I can pick out your name you can pick out mine?"

I laughed and agreed, "Deal."

He started typing and hit enter. 'Beauty' lit up the screen.

I blushed as I walked back over and started typing. I hit enter and Beast popped up under Beauty. I laughed to myself, 'Beauty and the Beast' how original.

"I'm hurt Soph, I really am." He put is hand over his heart.

"Sorry, but that was pretty clever though you gotta admit." I shrugged.

I walked to the ball return to get my ball and rolled my ball down the lane. It went straight into the gutter and I remembered why I haven't gone bowling in years.

Austen bowled after me and got a strike. Typical.

And that's how most of the night went. I eventually quit and sat down by the keypad and ordered some chili cheese fries and a Dr.Pepper. I was getting pretty hungry.

"Oh my gosh. Are you Sophie Mercer?!" a girl about 15 asked me. I nodded and smiled. MY FIRST FAN YAY.

"OMG I love you and your music and you're so much prettier in person!!! Can I get a picture and an autograph???"

"Of course! Hey Austen come here real quick please!"

He nodded and put his ball down.

"I really hate to ask you this but can you take a picture of us? Please?" I gave him my best puppy dog face.

"Of course!!" He smiled at me and the girl handed him her phone.

We smiled as he took the picture.

"Okay now let's do a funny one." I say

"Really?!"

"Of course I want you to have a goofy picture with me."

We turned around facing our butts to the camera (like picture above but slightly less awkward)

I signed the shirt she was wearing, she brought her own sharpie.

"Thank you so much!! I can't believe I met you!!"

"I'm so glad I got to meet my very first fan! I love you don't ever give up on your dreams!!" I shouted to her as she left.

"Well that was fun." Austen said smiling at me.

"Yeah it was." I looked at my phone which said 11:30 pm.

Suddenly I yawned not knowing how tired I was.

"You tired?" Austen asked.

I nodded. "Its 11:30. Didn't realize it was this late.."

"Well our time is up for bowling so I guess we should start heading back."

I nodded and sat down, taking off the horrid bowling shoes, another reason I haven't gone bowling in so long.

We put our shoes back on and returned the bowling ones and walked out.
_______
Hey guys! I am currently listening to 1989❤️ it's beautiful!! Okay it's like almost 11 here so I'm going to bed. HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER!!

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE