Chapter 35

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping here and there. Blinking a few times, i sat up taking in my surrounding. For a moment i was confused but memories of yesterday sprung up almost immediately. It felt so strange not waking up to my purple walls and my next door neighbor's dog barking.

I pulled off the sheets and walked to the window, pushing the curtains aside.

What i saw made me scream as i jumped backwards, almost knocking over the chair.
Two men were standing outside the window, on the deck. Both dressed in black, shades and holding mad ass guns. Oh God. My mind instantly went to dad and Sharon. The bad guys are here. Where the hell is Cole?

They seemed to have seen me because one started to come over. Instantly, my hand reached for the lamp on the bedside table and threw it at the looming figure.

Of course, my aim was disastrous and it hit another expensive decor - a glass vase i suppose - which shattered to the ground.

The man suddenly stopped to look back before exhaling.

"You're gonna get in trouble with the boss for that mess, Lucas," i heard the other man chuckle from behind.

Wait...whats going on here?

The man, who i assumed was Lucas, turned to look at me. "Are you alright miss?"

My eyes widened at the question. "Who are you and what are you doing sneaking around my window?" I snapped.

"We didn't mean to intrude. The boss has us on stand by."

"Cole?"

He nodded and i ran my hands through my hair.

Way to go Glen.

"Sorry," i muttered, "you know, for the lamp?"

"Its okay miss. But you might want to put a word in for me about that. I don't want to get fired," he said pointing to the shattered mess on the ground.

"Yh, of course. I'll come clean it up."

"No. Don't worry about that. We will do it. The boss would literally kill us if he saw you doing it," the second man smiled from behind.

"Yh," i muttered, unsure of what to say about that. I felt good in a way but the fact that it was a guard on duty telling me this, i didn't know how to feel anymore. Apparently, everyone seems to assume we are together.
Which reminds me...yesterday, he never returned after that phone call. I still felt very much angry at his sudden departure, but i couldn't help worrying if he was okay or not. I should probably find him around this big house.

"Have you seen Cole outdoors today....your boss, i mean," I asked.

"He left for the city last night."

"What?" I shrieked but soon composed myself due to the confused looks they were giving me. "Never mind. So, how many of you are here. I don't want to be caught off guard again."

"Just ten," he answered.

Great. Not that i cared. As long as they remain outside, on the deck, it wouldn't seem so awkward.

I shut the blinds and continued with my life. If i hadn't been greeted by James bond descendants when i opened those blinds, i probably would have been done in with my shower.

In the shower, my mind drifted to Cole again. What could have been so important that he had to leave? Why didn't he tell me? What if he felt irritated with our kiss, so he took the chance to get away? I groaned the moment my mind asked the last question. No, i didn't want to believe that. But it was plausible enough. I had very little experience kissing. Coming to think of it, i still don't understand where i got the courage to straddle him. That was so alien of me. But he seemed to like it, i suppose. He did groan. I suppose that's a sign, right? Urghhh!