Chapter 22

Glens POV

I stood across Cole who had a smug look on his face. He simply enjoyed my misery at the moment.

I crossed my hands as I leaned on the wall with a frown, "I don't have any dress with me."

I hoped dearly that this excuse will change papa's mind on making me attend some gala with Cole....alone. He had said they were given tickets for the evening but since he was having a slight cold and Nana was having her favourite TV show, Cole should go with me instead. This, I didn't feel so comfortable with. Sadly, I was the only one against the whole Ashton breed.

"Well dear, that wouldn't be a problem. I have just the perfect fit," Nana sang from the kitchen and I resisted the urge to gag. I think I've run out of excuses.

"You should start getting ready. Its past eight. It starts at 9:30pm," papa smiled under his newspaper. Brandon only gave me a smirk and continued with his GTA vice city.

I went to my room and reluctantly stepped into the shower. I came out after a while and started to cream up. Just in cue, I heard a knock and Nana entered inside with a black zip up cloth wrap; a smile plastered on her face. "This should be your size."

She laid it on my bed and carefully opened the zip revealing the most beautiful dress. She brought it out and held it out for me to see.

It was a royal blue satin dress, embedded with expensive silver stones and stones. It had a tube design that hugged my upper body with a waistband and the remaining of the dress flared to the sides.

"Its beautiful," I breathed.

"Yh, but its still of no use if it doesn't fit right. Come on, try it."

I collected the dress and headed for the dresser.

A few minutes, I was out in the fabulous dress and it fit me perfectly in every way. I smiled at Nana who was already gawking at me. "You are gorgeous."

I turned to look at myself in the full length mirror that stood by the dresser and could only smile the more. I looked so different. And I knew I couldn't even disagree with Nana's words. The dress spoke volumes.

"Now now, get ready with the rest. Don't let the boys peep," she winked as she walked out the door closing it behind. I laughed at her words.

As I sat in front of my dressing table, I starred at myself and deciding on all the cosmetics and make up brands that filled the table. I was never one to do much make up so I never knew much of it. Sam was always responsible for things like this and now, I wished my best friend was here more than ever. I was damn sure Nana had more of a clue on these things and soon regretted her leaving the room.

My hair was a damp mess, so I started with that first. I hair dried it and combed my wavy strands down. I then applied some strawberry conditioner and shin oil. Then I curled them properly and let them fall by my sides. Seeing I wasn't doing a disaster so far, I applied some powder on my face, light eyeliner and mascara. I brushed my eyebrows and applied nude lipstick and glossed it with cherry gloss. Satisfied with what I had done so far, I stood up and wore the pair of silver heels Nana had brought along. I then sprayed some cranberry fragrance and stood up to look at the full length mirror again.

Nana entered again, this time, with a red box. She seemed even more amazed at my appearance and I mentally gave myself a hand five for not doing a monstrous work on my face. She opened it and gave me a matching diamond necklace and ear studs.

"Now your ready," she smiled, "and so is he."

I froze a little. I had completely forgot who I was going out with like this. Suddenly, nervousness struck through me. I didn't know what he would expect. He had always been some demigod of beauty and I was just me.