Chapter 6

Listen to:

Sam's POV

"He's such a dick!" I blurted out in anger. Glen and I were at the school library, deceiving ourselves to be studying as we opened up our books and abandoned them in front of us. I just finished hearing a very crazy story from a so not crazy girl who couldn't be crazy enough to handle an even more crazy jerk.

"Wait Sam, I'm not done yet and you're already heating up," she said with one of those her slight chuckle that annoyed me, "besides, I've gotten over it. I can get a job at Barks this break."

"Yah yah, what else is left to say before I can treat someone's fuck up here."

"The dick we're talking about here is Daniel Ashton."

My jaw dropped.

Oh my goodness.

I saw as her face lit up in laughter. She must have seen the bewilderment showing on my face. All the anger washed away and replaced with twisted confusion.

"Oh please, cut the crap. You just said he was smoking a cigarette when he came in and he lived in a tree house in the middle of the Savannah.
Now, why on earth will a billionaire live in the jungle when he isn't....well, maybe an offspring of Tarzan or ...."

Her laughter became all the more louder as it clouded my voice. I felt stupid now. What's funny?

"Hey, keep the noise down ladies, I'm warning you Sam. Others are trying to concentrate here," shouted the old fat lady with big round glasses, bigger than harry potter's even. She was quite strict and grumpy most times. I thought it was too much of loneliness but maybe something more. I wouldn't say this is the first time I'm hearing her shout this. She probably tagged me as the lousiest person here at Watercress College since my freshman year.

I wasn't that lousy...and not even close to the lousiest.

Plus, I'm not even the one having a good time laughing her ass out.

"Sorry, Mrs. Polar mole!" Glen shouted back.

"Who else would be able to fire me in one go, Sam. You're smarter than that. And I don't remember mentioning a Savannah here plus the tree house spoke volumes of wealth."

"Shut the hell," I retorted. That was true. "But why did he help you when you had your seizure?"

"I don't know. I was unconscious, wasn't I? I wish I knew."

"Why was he at the grave?"

"Sam??"

"Sorry. You don't know. Its just that I didn't tag Georgia's youngest billionaire to be all what you just said. That dude's confusing."

"Well, not everyone fancies flaunting their assets."

"I do," I shrugged, "talking about assets, on a scale 1 to 10, how hot?"

I saw how her eyes held frustration because of me and another thing hiding behind which I couldn't predict. And then I saw her cheeks.

omg!

"You haven't fallen for the mean guy, now have you?" I asked through battered eyelashes and a smirk.

"No!" She replied,"but he was quite hot though. What would you expect? Besides, I lost the job because of him. I hate him."