"Thank you, Pam."

"Look, we understand that you are a very busy woman, Mrs Gomez." Marguerite started. "But if you could, just take some time and carefully read through that file. We would really appreciate it-Milani would really appreciate it. That bakery is her everything and she wouldn't do anything to jeopardize it."

Moonie nodded her head sincerely as she took a breather.

Tina looked over at Marguerite and glanced at Moonie. She was a Cuban who could get stubborn and mean at times. Today just wasn't the day to be handing out favors. She was too booked and busy.

"I'll keep in touch." Was all she could muster up to say. She collected her files and walked off with Pam.

"You did great." Marguerite complimented while watching Moonie who was busy pouring herself some water from the pitcher. "A little nervous, but great."

"Thank you, I was trying to get my words out." Moonie replied. "But the looks almost made me run up out of here."

"You're young but I want you to know something, Milani. You are going to face things like this and just because someone looks at you a certain way doesn't mean you have to back down. Just stay strong and stick with your truth. You'll get your bakery back."

Moonie looked over at her lawyer. Marguerite was white and full-figured. She wore her brown hair in big spiral curls since her texture was naturally curly. Her vibrant, blue eyes sparkled as she gave her client a rosy smile. She wasn't in thirties yet, but she was older than Moonie.

"Your words, so encouraging. Thank you." Moonie thanked her while leaning over for a hug. She accepted it and welcomed her.

"Let's get out of here and grab some lunch."

"Sure."

•••

Flashback

"You really want the truth?"

Moonie looked at him as if he was crazy. "The whole truth and nothing but the truth."

"I fucked her once. It was around the time we were having issues."

Moonie's eyes went into slits as she watched her husband. "So, did you fuck that bitch in a hotel?"

"Moon-"

"I don't want to hear your bullshit excuse." Moonie interjected while waving him off. "It's a yes or no question."

"Yes."

She palmed her face while thinking about everything she had been through with Kain. Moonie had promised herself that she wouldn't cry, but she couldn't help it. She was an emotional wreck.

"Baby, I'm sorry." Kain apologized while trying to touch the small of her back. She jerked away and wiped her eyes. "I didn't mean for it to happen."

"But it did. You cheated on me-you broke our vows." She countered while balling her fists. She wanted so desperately to plummet her fists into his face, but she decided against it.

"I know. I let my emotions get to me when I shouldn't have." He replied honestly. "I don't even care about that girl. I love you, I want to be with you."

"If you really love a person, you wouldn't cheat on them." Moonie argued back as she eyed her husband. "And that's, that."

"But I do love you, I'm in love with you." He babbled on. "I want us to work. I want you to forgive me. We got kids and shit."