TWENTY-FIVE(25)

months later

"Oh my God." Moonie beamed, placing her hand on her chest. She looked at her daughter, who was busy posing for her photos.

Both Moonie and Kain decided to get some professional pictures of their children taken. They felt like it was only right to get some while their children were little.

Both children were dressed in white and denim. It was classic yet straightforward for their first set of pictures. Kirsten wore a gold teddy bear necklace over her white shirt. Her long hair was in plaits that curled at the end. Bows and berets decorated her head.

Moonie assumed her daughter would be frightened by the stranger taking the photos. However, she didn't seem afraid at all. She posed and gave the camerawoman, Casey, a big smile, giving her all.

Kai wasn't too photogenic. His mom had to make him smile with her silliness and talking. Casey quickly captured the photos of him. She received approval on them afterward.

"Look at your daughter." Moonie nudged Kain, who was busy feeding Kai. He held his son in the crook of his arms. The short glass bottle was tilted, allowing the baby to drink at his own pace. He touched his dad's wrist as if he would pull away.

Kain shook his head and pulled a slight smirk on his face. He loved Kirsten so much. She was his first baby, the first tiny human to make him a father. Seeing her grow into her personality was beautiful.

Kirsten was growing up, and her parents were noticing the sudden changes. She talked more with her words and expressed her opinions on a range of things. She also liked to dress herself. Like a parent, Moonie allowed her to dress herself sometimes. Of course, she didn't let her leave the house with tacky clothes. Instead, she would give her daughter an alternate swap--whether it's a shirt, pair of pants, or shoes.

"I see her," Kain responded, placing his eyes on his wife. She looked good in her white blouse and flared denim jeans. Her hair was in box braids that reached the top of her butt. Like Kirsten, she wore a gold necklace. Only hers displayed her government name.

Milani.

"She acts like you," Moonie informed him as she scanned through her voice messages. Her long, manicured nails tapped away. They were ballerina-shaped and painted in orange.

"No shit." He replied sarcastically, glancing over at Kirsten. "And she's my twin."

"And this one is mine." Moonie pointed out, grabbing her son's chubby foot that was covered by a sock. He didn't pull away since he was busy eating.

Kain looked down at his baby boy, examining him thoroughly. He had dark brown skin that was smooth, and it smelled like a mixture of fruit with a hint of vanilla. Kai had a head full of black curls; they were thick and moisturized.

He locked eyes with his son, appreciating his wife's genes. He loved Moonie's big brown eyes and didn't mind telling her; Kai managed to inherit them as well.

"No way..." Moonie trailed off, holding her phone up to her ear. "I have a voicemail from the mayor's assistant."

"What...you serious?"

"Yes." She replied with emphasis. "The mayor wants to schedule a meeting with me."

"You need to get on that," Kain instructed her. "It's serious."

"As soon as we leave here." She remarked. "Maybe I can step outside now and schedule the meeting."

Kain nodded and said, "Go ahead. I'll take over until you come back."

"Thank you, baby."

Kain watched as she walked away, showing off her shapely body. A smirk etched across his face. His wife was fine, and she was looking healthy. Moonie healed after being grazed by a bullet. Now, she was working out and trying to eat better. She'd slimmed down a lot and was now showing off her new size.