EIGHTEEN(18)

GRAMMAR MISTAKES: IGNORE THEM. I'LL FIX THEM LATER.

SHORT CHAPTER!

•••

"I was wondering if I could stay here for a while."

"What the hell is going on with you and Kain?" Audrey asked, leaning on her counter. She was standing in the kitchen with Moonie, brewing some tea while the kids slept in Moonie's old bedroom.

Moonie thought about what happened to her. Kain had the nerve to hide drugs in her bakery. She also got humiliated by the cops. Thankfully, nothing terrible happened. She was able to get away scot free-since they didn't have a search warrant.

"Just..." Moonie trailed off while holding her new puppy, Chise, in her arms. "It's just complicated right now Nana."

Audrey grabbed a blue, medium-sized mug, filled it with tea, added honey and almond milk, and then she set it beside Moonie.

"Did he cheat on you again?"

Moonie shook her head no.

"Then what is it?"

"I just feel like he doesn't take me serious. He thinks he can just manipulate me because I'm younger than him." Moonie answered her grandmother.

Audrey raised her eyebrows. "You're just now realizing that? Kain is a manipulator. I didn't want to say anything, but yeah."

Moonie didn't get upset with her grandmother for being honest. Instead, she just nodded her head.

"I got tired of all of that so I left."

"Do you plan on going back to him?"

Moonie shrugged her shoulders. "I definitely don't want to divorce him-I still love him. I just feel like we need a break-a much needed break."

"Well, you can stay here for as long as you want. Now put that pretty dog down and drink some of this tea. It'll help you feel better."

Moonie did as told and placed Chise down. She grabbed the mug and took cautious sips.

"I don't want no mess in my house now." Audrey warned her granddaughter. "Your grandfather and I keep it quiet in here. You should know that."

"I understand."

"Just keep Juicy from destroying my things. If she breaks anything delicate then you'll have to pay for it."

"Okay." Moonie replied while nodding her head. She had a normal look on her face since she wasn't in the mood for smiling. She had so much shit on her mind.

"And if your dog-"

"You don't have to say anything about that Nana. I'll make sure she uses the bathroom outside. I doubt she's gonna destroy anything-she's still new."

"Alright now."

•••

"So she left you, huh?" Patrice asked her son while glancing over at him. "I warned you about that girl." She shook her head.

"Ma, I don't want to hear that right now." Kain replied back. His mom was finally out of the hospital and now he was driving her around-which was a headache.

He didn't want to hear his mom's jeers. Kain was still mad as fuck about Moonie leaving him. He couldn't believe that Moonie had the nerve to roll out on him like that. After all the shit they've been through and she just left. He was trying his best not to act a fool, but the old Kain was about to come out.

"I'm just saying." Patrice trailed off. "You should've did the prenup. That girl is gonna take you for everything you've got."

Kain didn't believe that at all. He knew moonie and he knew that she wouldn't dare try to take everything he worked hard for.