Freed took a deep shaky breath, rubbing his temples and closing his eyes.

"Alright... Let's start from the beginning", he finally said after a moment. "I have a really, really important question: When did it start exactly?" he asked looking at his friends. It was really important to know!

"Three days ago", Evergreen said. "You got a high fever again then."

"I see... Have I... Been awake at all during those three days? Alone with Laxus?"

"No", the seith mage assured. "Laxus was the one who said he would stay in Makarov's house and we should stay here, Cana and Elfman have been helping too and we have taken turns who would stay here and who would take care of Felix and Chester. Laxus said he didn't want to risk anything by staying here. You had a fever after all and he was afraid he might not be able to control himself even if you were sick."

"Okay..." Freed murmured and thought about it more.

Three days ago... Did the mating season start before or after they had sex with Laxus? He remembered that he had really wanted it and at that time he didn't really think it was something out of ordinary.

Bickslow and Evergreen looked at each other and back to the rune mage who seemed to be deep in his thoughts.

"So... Did that fever have something to do with this mating season?" Freed finally asked.

"Porlyusica said it was probably because you had been sick just right before the season", Ever explained. "You were still recovering. When the season started, it was just too much for your body to handle so you got sick again. She said you should be fine after few days. I'm glad she was right."

"And how is Laxus doing right now?"

"He's... Doing his best", Bicks huffed. "He's angry, irritated, frustrated, but really stubborn of not coming here before you would feel better. So he hasn't at least lost his senses."

"That's really good, I'm glad to hear that. I hope Erza is helping him to take care of the paperwork."

"She is. She understands that this is difficult for Laxus as well. She would have gone to Naava Town but Makarov said it was better if she stayed here. Just in case if Laxus and Gajeel might start a fight", Ever said and she shuddered. "It has been a close call for several times already. We're all just trying our best to keep them separated so they can't see each other."

"How is Levy doing?" Freed asked snapping his head back up. "She felt dizzy in the library -"

"It was part of the mating season", Bickslow said and he snorted amused. "You should have seen Porlyusica, she was really interested when she noticed how this mating season seemed to affect some mates as well, not just dragon slayers."

"It's probably because this time there's no need to worry about who might be their partner since most of them already have soulmates", Ever smiled. "What she said exactly was that now those who already have a bond with their soulmate can only concentrate on the main part: mating."

"To be clear, mates get horny as well", Bickslow grinned.

"I hate it when she talks so bluntly", Freed muttered with a tiny blush and Bickslow and Ever snickered.

He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"This is certainly too much information first thing after waking up", he groaned and he still couldn't wrap his head around all the things he had heard.

And he was worried. What if... No... But then again...

"Since it affects both ways, it only reasonable to think that you don't feel good either when being apart from Laxus right now", Ever reasoned. "Maybe we should go to the guild?"