Chapter 64* Prom night

Start from the beginning

"I want to get dress Eli so please leave my room.I will let you in after I'm dress." Sofia begged.

"Promise." Elijah mumbled and Sofia nod her head. Elijah left the room and I followed him.

"What's wrong with you Elijah?" I questioned and he looked at me angry. "If you are acting Elijah than you are wasting your time. Tonight is your farewell and you didn't fetch your suits yet."

"Mommy, are you done?" Elijah started knocking on the door.

"Tell me what's wrong?" Sofia said opening the door. "I can't see you like this Eli, I know something is wrong with you." Elijah just hugged her.

"I'm sorry mommy." He mumbled crying again.

I left Sofia and Elijah alone. I went to Elijah's room and I saw Sofia's diary on the floor. Sofia said she never takes her diary out of our room so why would it be in Elijah's room?

I took my phone out and send Sofia a message.

Me : I found your diary in Elijah's room. What do you write in this stupid book?

----

Sofia's POV.

Love  : I found your diary in Elijah's room. What do you write in this stupid book?

My heart stopped beating as I read Benjmain's message. How did my diary end up in Elijah's room? Benjmain and Elijah both promised me they would never touch my diary book

"Eli, will you tell me the truth if I ask you something?" I questioned and he nod his head. "Did you read my diary book?" He got up and I looked at him confused. "Eli, answer me." I stood in front of him.

"Yes." His answer shocked me.

I hope he only read the good things in that book.

"Eli, did you read my whole diary book?" He wiped his tears. "What did you read?"

"Mommy, did uncle Martin hurt you." I couldn't stop my tears after my own child said that. I mads sure I hide that secret from my kids and now Elijah knows. "Mommy, please don't cry."

"What else did you read about, Elijah." I shouted. "Tell me please." I begged.

"Mom, I'm sorry you were a stripper because of the Carsons." He replied and I fell on the floor. All my efforts went into vain because I chose to to write my stupid life in a book. "Mommy, I'm sorry." Elijah added and I shook my head.

"It's not your fault." I wiped my tears. "It's my fault you found out about what your mother was."

"Don't say that mother." Elijah hugged me. "It's my fault. It's the Carson's fault, not yours."

"No Elijah. Don't say that." I wiped his tears away. "Is that why you were crying last night?" He nod his head and I hit him. "You were crying of what happened years ago. Eli you are my strong baby boy."

"Can I ask you something mommy?" I nod my head. "Why did you marry dad after his family ruined your life?"

"The person who ruined my life isn't your father. I love your father Elijah."

"Does he love you?" Elijah questioned and I nod my head. "Then why did daddy throw you out of the house? Why didn't you tell me dad didn't even want me or you?"

"That's not true Elijah. Your father never knew about you. You know I would never lie about---."

"And you mommy? You didn't want me?" He asked interrupting me.

"Eli, I thought about adoption because I wanted you to have a good life." I replied. "Now go fetch your suits, you know your father will never fetch it for you."

"I'm going to be gone for an hour, don't leave the house." Elijah got up.

"But it doesn't take that long to fetch a sui--."

"I'm not going to my farewell tonight. I'm going to ask Adrian to go with me to change my last name." Elijah said interrupting me and I got up.

"What?" Benjamin shouted standing at the door.

"He is just joking Benjmain." I smiled and Elijah shook his head.

"I have never been so serious in my entire life." Elijah replied.

"Eli, won't you listen to your mother?" I asked.

"You know I'll always listen to you mother." He answered.

"Good. Now for your mother's sake forget this all happened and think about tonight." He tried to talk back at me but I cut him off. "Eli, sleep for an hour. Your dad will get your suits for you and please when you wake up, be the baby I raised."

"Mom I-."

"No Eli. Promise me you will sleep and when you wake up you will be my baby. The naughty Elijah I know." I mumbled. "If you know what makes me happy than you will know my happiness lies in my children. Promise me now or else I'll never talk to you again."

"Promise."

----------

Annette's POV.

"You look so beautiful my princess." My dad said giving me a kiss.

"Daddy I also look beautiful." Meghan uttered.

"Meghan you are beautiful too but tonight is Annette's night. So don't be jealous about your sister." My mother replied. "I can't believe I gave birth to a beautiful girl like you. May no one ever curst an evil eye on you, my angel." My mother kissed me on the cheek. "Don't enjoy your night so much that you forget your life is in danger. Don't forget your gun."

"You always whispearing something to Annette." My father said acting annoyed.

"Elijah is finally here." Meghan ran to me. "Don't forget he is your brother Annette."

"I won't do anything Megh--."

"Mother." Elijah shouted running to my mother. "You look so beautiful you know that."

"You should compliment your partner not me." My mother hit him on the head. "By the way, where is Sofia and the family. Didn't they come."

"My dad is sick--."

"Eli don't lie." Mom Sofia said entering the house. "Sorry we late, by the way Annette you look stunning my girl." I gave her a kiss. "Benji are you not forgetting something?"

"Annette you look beautiful." Uncle Benjamin gave me a hug.

----------

We entered the hall and everyone focused on Elijah. He was the center of attention like always. I could hear some of the girls gossping about me. The whole night was boring for me. My best friends ditched me. And of course Elijah ditched me the second we came in the hall. I always knew having a partner for prom was a bad idea. They always  dump their partners.

All of a sudden Elijah came back to me. He stood in front of me with a smile. His eyes were swollen, I don't know why he was crying but I know I never saw him cry before. Something big must've happened in their house.

"Give this to my parents tomorrow." He gave me a letter and I took it from him. "Promise me you will get home safely, without getting drunk. Annette promise me you will give this letter to my mother tomorrow morning."

"I promise." I smiled at him. "Where are you going?" I questioned as he was about to leave.

"I have to do something." He hugged me. "You didn't wear the dress I got you but you still look very beautiful sister. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise or you won't be my sister." I always wanted to get a compliment from him but tonight, I couldn't help but miss the Elijah who teased me and called me ugly names.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"Smile, don't be worried about me. By the way, my driver will come so go with him around twelve. Enjoy your night." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and afterwards left in a hurry.

---

A/N

Chapter 65 out on inkitt