Chapter 5: To Fight for Freedom

Start from the beginning

The tension between Harley and I is palpable but none of my friends noticed the change. I jogged to where the three is and put on my best smile to offer to my friend. When I reached them, Iris and Emile were basically bickering again probably from a move she pulled in the fight. "Iris!" I said cheerfully when I reached them, aware of the alpha werewolf's eyes into me again ", congrats! How should we celebrate?"

Emile perked up upon hearing the word 'celebrate' and started gushing about a newly opened club on just thirty minutes drive from here. Now, don't get me wrong, we are normally not allowed to go out of the training area but seeing that Iris has a new found position among the higher ups, sneaking out is much easier.

Iris turned her gaze at Harley who just shrugged at her. "You dig your own hole. If you want to sneak out, then make it inconspicuous. We wouldn't want unfairness in the team now, would we?" He said smiling at the two who giggled like high school girls in mischief. Emile shook me by the arm and gushed out about her plans when I felt warm hands encircle my wrists.

I pulled back but his grip on me was strong. "Can we talk, Holly?" He said in a hushed voice. He sounded to be in pain, emotionally or physically, that I do not know. I tried to pull my hand away from him again but to no avail. Finally, I sighed. "I don't think I want to talk to you now, Harley. Please leave me alone."

"I...I just want to apologize, Holly. Please."

"You've done enough!" I snapped at him but his didn't back down. He stared at my eyes while I stared at his, the battle for dominance is hot in the air. I think we may have been staring at each other long because Emile cleared her throat and we snapped our gazes away.

"Wow. That was intense. I think you guys forgot about us for a minute there," Iris said trying to sound amused but failed considerably, instead, she ended up sounding nervous and confused. Emile shuffled beside her and nudged her in the arm before saying ", go and take your time. We'll just be around. I'll save you a seat in the dining area!"

Emile squealed as she pranced away, pulling Iris behind her while telling her her favorite human food. The trees bristled as a cold gust of wind blew in the area, making me shiver for a bit though his warm fingers kept my extremities hot, as if making a statement of his hold in me. Face him now, Holly. You need to face him now, the little voice inside my head nudged me. Finally giving in to the fact that he won't let go of me until I did, I blew a sigh and turned to him.

"What do you need, Harley?" I asked bitterly.

He chewed on his lip for a while before answering me. "I'm sorry, Holly. It was wrong of me and...my pride as alpha forbade me to back down. I didn't meant to call you a...umm...that."

"You kissed me, too."

His eyes darkened as the sides of his lips twitched into a small smile. "I'm not sorry about that. It was actually hot."

"You're disgusting," I snapped at him as I shook his hand away from my wrist. I only took three steps ahead before he gently grabbed me by the arm and whipped me around to face him again. "I'm not sorry about the kiss. Yes, Holly, I am not. For once I want to protect you from him. He doesn't deserve you. You're an amazing person. I see you everyday and I could see glimpse of who you really are. You are amazing, Holly. And if he can't see that, then the fùck with him."

I crossed my arms at him and raised an eyebrow. "I don't need protecting from you. I can take care of myself and it's my own free will to choose who I want to be with. I can take care of my own. Don't worry about me, Harley." I emphasized his name as I stormed out of his grasp. How dare he?! How dare he just say that!

"Holly, please wait!"

"No, Harley!" I turned to him again and put on my big girl panties ", I am not your mate. You don't have to do things like these to me. I can take care of my self!" He opened his mouth to speak when I cut him to it ", and I want you to be sorry for the kiss! God, are you crazy?! Who just ups and kiss somebody you barely know? What do you think of me? A stupid bimbo who you could just go for a kiss without permission? I am a woman and I have the right to be respected! Now stay away from me or I'll cut your balls!"