Chapter 3: Dangerous

Start from the beginning

Hearing those words, you felt clear joy. You look at her closely as you lay a small smile of your own. "Thanks, Liz," you say to her, sincerity leaving your lips. She nodded and walk towards the nearest empty table, "You got it, new friend" Both of you laughing at the same time while putting your foods and sitting on the chairs.

Preparing your utensils to eat, you glance at your food then Liz's before you quickly realize, it was the same food. Black pepper chicken fried rice. "Oh? you ordered the same for me?" she looked up, her hands were holding a spoon filled with foods, indicating she was about to eat already.

"Yeah, i don't really know your personal preference and besides this menu is literally the best one in here so why not?" she mumbled before putting the spoon filled food into her mouth. You nodded and reply with gratitude once again, she chuckled.

"You know, you don't really have to say thank you all the time Y/N. You're new here so I would like for you to feel comfortable at all costs." you look at her, feeling awed at her choice of words. Again, you weren't regretting the decision of asking where the nearest place to eat to her.

Liz is a lovely woman, and you're proud of having her here eating by you, as your first friend in this town. You reply, chuckling sheepishly, feeling a bit of embarrassment. "I- thank you, Liz, really." She smiled and put another spoon into her mouth. You quickly follow her, getting a spoon filled and putting it in your mouth.

The taste of the food was a bit weird for you somehow, but nevertheless, you were really thankful for whatever happened to you since you came to this town so you eat it carefully and silently. Perhaps, the black pepper was too much fo you to handle, it was stinging your tastebuds as you reach for the water that was placed in front of you.

You took it, expecting it to manage to washes of the sting feeling of the black pepper and gladly it did. You took another spoon as you glance around the room, Liz was surprisingly eating it so fast, you couldn't believe it. She was taking a spoon after another and another, not taking a break nor does she shows the sign of her getting hot due to the immense black pepper.

She kept looking down as she eats, like as if she was too focused on the foods, you arched your eyebrows. You move your glance up to her sleeves, meeting the familiar wooden bracelet that stands the word 'the omega' carve on it, the one you have seen at the cashier before you met the strange man.

Curiously, you felt interested in the bracelet. Why was it wooden? Why not just metal-like material? Wood should last shorter if you compared it to the metal-like one. Then why does she chose that material? If there even a bracelet maker that makes it from fresh wood. And even there is, there's a word carve on it, saying 'the omega'? Although you were confused, you couldn't deny the fact that the bracelet was really beautiful. You thought deeply as you silently observe her bracelet.

Biting your lips, you nervously asked her. "Hey, can I ask you a question?" she, from looking down while eating fast quickly looks up to you, cleans her lips with her hand and nods, putting a smile on her. "I'm just curious, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, where did you get that bracelet? It's beautiful." 

She arched her eyebrows before moving her glance to her bracelet. "Oh, this? I-it's nothing. I got it from my-" suddenly she stopped. Confused, but still waiting for her response you did, seeing how her eyes were wandering around before answering. "uh, family." then continuing eating her foods. Although she already gave you the answer, odd and curiosity was still lingering in your chest.