Chapter 7

Deadlox's POV~

I woke up in a dark room, with a pounding headache. I sluggishly looked up, and as my head cleared I looked around. I tried to get up, but I couldn't, and I noticed that my arms and legs were tied down.

Then I remembered what happened... so Seto really was a sorcerer, huh... but why kidnap me?

Suddenly I heard some whispers coming from somewhere in the room.

"I dunno... I think he's awake..."

"Well, if he is awake, then it's no big deal 'cause we drugged him, remember?"

Who is that... I guess it's the drugs that are keeping me from thinking straight. Maybe my parents could check it out... No! Focus! That would just get me deeper into this mess! My best bet is to act innocent and confused. They might not buy it, but I can't risk them discovering my powers... Who knows who they would tell, and then it would only be a matter of time before the government was after me again.

"I should have never gone to school..." I groaned.

"Ok, yeah, he's awake. You can stay here, but I'm getting Seto." One of the voices said, and I recognised it as Mitch. I guess all of my "friends" are in on this.

"Ok, biggums, but try to be quick. I don't like this, he was dead a couple of minutes ago..." The he second voice, Jerome, said.

There were fast footsteps that walked away, creaking on the floor in places before it all went silent. I could hear Jerome shift around a couple times, but I was having trouble seeing anything... it was all out of focus.

What felt like hours later, I could hear two pairs of footsteps coming back down the hallway.

"How long has he been awake?" I could hear Seto ask.

"Dunno. Mitch went to get you once we heard him say something." Jerome answered.

"What did he say?" Seto asked curiously.

"Dunno. Sounded like 'Shouldn't have' but that was all I could make out." Mitch told him.

"...alright. Well, you two stay here, I'm going to go talk to him." Seto said.

So, he was going to torture me, huh...

"You sure that's a good idea? He might be some sort of new monster." Jerome said. I cringed at that word... monster. It wasn't my fault I was different.

"Hey, I'm the sorcerer here, guys. I think I can take care of myself." Seto joked.

"Well, ok..." Mitch relented.

I heard the sound of a key in a lock, and a door creaking open. Light flooded in, blinding me, and the next thing I knew someone was tapping the side of my face.

"Hey, Deadlox. C'mon, stay with me." My vision cleared enough so that I could tell it was Seto. But, he looked weird... one of his eyes was bigger that his whole head. I could feel my heart start up again, and I shuddered involuntarily. But then I started giggling.

"Hehehe... you look reeeeeeeally fuuuunny Seto." I dragged out rhe words, still giggling. I looked down at my arms, and saw that my veins were slightly bulging...

"How much of that drug did you guys give him??" Seto asked Mitch and Jerome.

"All of it. It didn't affect him at all in the normal quantities." Mitch answered.

"Jeez... you feeling ok, buddy?" Seto asked me.

"I will be... in a second..." I murmered, shaking off my hysteria. I moved my wrist in one quick motion, and the cuffs cut my wrist open right on the vein.