Chapter 4

Ty's POV~

When I woke up the next morning, I sat there for a few minutes, just thinking. Should I trust them? Should I bring my backpack?

I ended up deciding to bring my backpack, but I wasn't going to trust them with all my secrets. Especially not my real name or what I was. I wonder if Seto will show up... oh well. I should get going, those guys are probably waiting for me.

I swung down out of my tree, and headed to the park's bathroom. Once I had cleaned up, I headed down the hidden path to their campsite.

When I got there, I found that only Mitch was there.

"Hey." I said, plopping down next him.

"GAH!" Mitch shouted, and he almost fell over. "Don do dat, dood! You startled me!"

"Sorry." I guess I'm quieter than I thought.

"Biggums and Sky are still asleep." He said. "I think they don't want to get up and go climbing."

"Yea... wanna wake them up?" I said, a grin starting to stretch across my face. If I remember correctly, I have an airhorn in my bag...

"How?" Mitch asked, starting to grin aswell.

Instead of answering him, I reached into my bag and pulled out the loud device. Mitch's grin grew even wider. "Dood, that is SO evil." He was starting to laugh a little.

"You might want to cover your ears." I told him, as I removed the cap and placed the horn outside of the back of the tent.

Mitch dutifully covered his ears, and I did the same. I picked up my foot, and slammed it down on top of the horn. It went off, a loud noise that would have damaged my ears if I hadn't covered them. Sky and Jerome burst out of the tent, looking around wildly.

"What the hell guys?!" Sky shouted after the airhorn stopped.

"Well, it was the best way to wake everyone up." I said bluntly, keeping on a poker face even though I wanted to laugh.

"Who knew Deadlox had an airhorn in his backpack?" Mitch asked between laughs.

"No one!" Jerome replied, laughing as well.

"Why the heck do you have an airhorn anyways?!" Sky asked me, still frustrated.

"I dunno." I said, but then my poker face cracked and I started laughing uncontrollably. I even fell on my back.

"Dude, you finally loosened up." Mitch said, giving me a grin as my laughter died down.

"Yeah, I don't think we've ever heard you laugh. " Jerome added.

(Ok, ya know what, I'm going to be lazy and just put the first initial of their names when they talk, but when its Deadlox I wont mark it.)

"W ell, this is the first time I've had friends." I really shouldn't have said that!

"Why? Haven't you gone to school?" S

"I was home schooled until now." Hopefully they'll buy it.

"Oh... that's cool." J

"Anyways... LET'S GO CLIMBING!!" Mitch said, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

"Naw, Seto isn't here yet." J

"Seto's coming?"

"Yea, he had some chores to do so he didn't come with us last night." S

"Oh. What about Jason?"

"He just got an astronaut simulator game, so he's staying home to play it."

We fooled around for a while, talking about lots of things. How school was going, about how Jason was obsessed with space, etc. Seto showed up around an hour later... and, right on cue, my heart started up again. Wonderful.

"Hey guys." Seto greeted us.

"Hey dood!" Mitch and Jerome replied, and after other greetings and mild chatter, we headed over to the hill.

We started up, weaving around the rocks and scraggly bushes. Sky tripped and slid down a couple of times, but other than that we were fine. When we finally reached the top, the others gasped.

"Woah... a hot spring..." Mitch said, dumbstruck. I guess he didn't expect much to be up here.

"Dood... you know what we should do?" Said a certain bacca-hat wearing teen.

"What, biggums?" Mitch asked, getting a grin on his face.

"LET'S GO SWIMMING!!" Jerome shouted in answer, and we all laughed.

"Hey Seto, think you can magic us some swimsuits?" Sky joined in.

"Sure. Who needs one?" Seto replied, and all of them except me raised their hands.

"Deadlox, you don't need one?" Seto asked, confused. I just reached inti my backpack, all the way to the bottom, and grabbed the swim trunks sitting there.

"Dood, how much weird stuff do you have in there?!" Mitch exclaimed.

I promptly pulled out a clown wig and threw it at him, sticking out my tongue. Everyone laughed, and Mitch put on the wig.

"You got a nose to go with it?" He asked jokingly. I thought for a few mknutes, then reached in and pulled out a red ball. "No way!" Mitch started laughing again.

...And then I threw it at his face. It spattered a bit, but it landed right on his nose. At that moment, everyone realised... that it had been a tomato.

"HAHAHAHAHA, HE GOT YOU GOOD BIGGUMS!" Jerome shouted, and he then had tomato all over his face too.

"Deadlox... don't think you're escaping this..." Right as he threw some of the tomato at me, I pulled out an umbrella and opened it. The tomato hit the umbrela, and harmlessly slid off and onto the ground. When I lowered my shield, everyone was staring at me.

"Years of pranking experience." I lied, and they bought it. They laughed,  and Seto patted me on the back.

"No one's gotten Mitch that good in years." He complimented.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go change." I said, and walked behind some boulders. I put on the swim trunks, and then threw on a shirt as well. I didn't want them to see my scars. Being like a zombie also means that everything leaves a scar because it doesn't heal properly or something like that.

Whem I went back out, only Seto was left, waiting for me to finish. He went behind the rock, and I slipped into the water. The others joined me, and Seto came in last. Suddenly, Mitch tackled me in the water, screaming "payback". I slipped out of his grasp and dove under the water, swimming to the far side of the spring.

Everyone was gathered around where I had gone under, with worried expressions. I swam back over, and grabbed Mitch's leg, pulling him under the surface. I let go, and he shot back up, gasping for air.

"What was that for?!" He exclaimed, and I whispered just loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Payback."

While they laughed, I decided I needed some time alone, so I dived under and moved away. I surfaced and just lay on my back, relaxing and letting the water support me. When I next opened my eyes, I was on the rocks and Seto was shaking me. Everyone was staring at me.

"Sorry... I must have fallen asleep." I tried to laugh it off, but they were all silent. "...What?"

"Deadlox... why weren't you breathing?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bayum. Chapter. ARE YOU PROUD OF ME?! Lol. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I do good? See ya later, my fluffies!