Chapter 5

Seto's POV(ya weren't expecting THAT, huh?) ~

For some reason, that kid... Deadlox, was it? Yea... Something isn't right about him... Aside from the fact that whenever I'm near him my magic acts up, there's just something else... his behavior doesn't seem like it comes naturally to him, if that makes sense...

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Sky splashing me in the face.

"Hey, wanna go surprise Deadlox? He's just kinda floating there." Sky asked.

"Sure, why not." I said, and grinned. I love a good prank. It's totally not because I want to get closer to him...

I swam over, and was going to tackle him, when I noticed something was off...

...He wasn't breathing?!

"GUYS! HE'S NOT BREATHING!!" I shouted, and working together, we pulled him over to the rocks and tried to wake him up.

Ty's POV~

"Deadlox... why weren't you breathing." Seto asked me.

Well, great. I went to sit up, but stopped when I heard sloshing. Great... I must have swallowed a bunch of water while I was asleep. There was even some in my lungs, from the sound of it.

"Hang on a sec." My voice gurgled slightly, and they looked at me funny.

"Um, sure?" Seto said, confused.

I got up and moved a couple steps away. Then, I did a hand stand and opened my mouth. The water came pouring out, and when it finally stopped I got back onto my feet. The others all had "WTF did I just see" faces, and I laughed a bit. While the others tried to take in what they had just witnessed, Seto took charge.

"Care to explain now?" He asked.

"Hmmm... nah." I said, and then I got up and grabbed my backpack.

"Ty, what're you doing?" Sky asked.

I reached into my bag, and pulled out a small ball.

"Wanna see another trick? I call it Disappear." I said, and threw the ball on the ground.

It exploded, releasing compressed gas that fogged up the air. I had designed and made a bunch of them a few years ago, as a science project, but they have a practical use too. It's quite handy when you need to make a get away.

"Wait-" I heard Seto cry out, but I was already moving.

I ran to the edge of the hill and reached into my backpack. I pulled out my hoverboard - another invention - and started coasting down the rocky surface. There were a couple times when I almost crashed, but I managed to swerve away and I made it to the bottom unscathed. I glanced back, and noticed that the smoke was being blown away by Seto's magic. I had to hurry.

I darted across the clearing and into the trees, my hoverboard leaving a small wake.

I rushed back to the park, putting away my hoverboard before stepping out of the trees. Then I ran across the grass to my tree and scampered up, hiding amongst the many leaves and branches.

No one's POV (back at the hill after the ball exploded) ~

Seto started blowing away the smoke. He had tried to get Deadlox to stop, but it clearly hadn't worked. By the time the smoke was all gone, Deadlox was gone too.

"Dammit...!" Seto said, kicking a rock nearby. He had really liked Deadlox.

"C'mon guys, we've gotta find him." Sky said, and everyone raced off down the hill in hot pursuit.

Seto took the area around the main path, and cast a spell to show the passage of the light from Deadlox's headphones. The trail appeared, but for some reason it was almost a foot above Deadlox's normal height. Seto shrugged it off as a spell malfunction and followed the trail. Right at the bushes, the light went down to normal height, and Seto figured that the spell had finally fixed itself.

Beyond the bushes, the trail continued, going across the park in a round about route, until it reached a tree. The trail stretched up the tree, and as Seto followed it with his eyes he saw a figure sitting on a branch above him. A figure with a green glow.

"Deadlox, please come down! I just want to talk!" Seto called to Deadlox.

"I would like to believe that, but sadly, I don't. " Deadlox replied, standing up. "No one is going to find out about me if I can help it."

Deadlox reached into his backpack and pulled out some sort of weird skateboard. Then... he jumped.

-------------------------------------------------------------

:3 sorry about the slow updates, fluffies. I've had a lot of stuff going on lately. Also, sorry it's kinda short... Anyways... I do good? See ya later, my fluffies!