Yugi didn't want to think about it.

Finally, Mana went back onto the computer, a look of defeat on her face, and clicked a few times, typing every now and again until finally reaching where she wanted to go online.

She looked at Yugi, slightly concerned about his working hours and his busy schedule that was a mixture of his own and of Yami, who they all missed dearly, and who Yugi missed most of all.

"Yami has a few meetings this morning and a brain lung transplant at 3 this afternoon." She said, slightly against her will, "You have a surgery at 11 this morning on a new emergency patient that just came in from a fire."

Yugi nodded, slightly cooled down from before when he was fiery and frustrated. He waved before leaving with a last swish of his coat and headed to the first conference room that was nearest to him for the first meeting he had.

-------

The day dragged on for what seemed like forever. Yugi performed his duties and Yami's duties, wearing him out excessively by the end of the day. Rubbing his eyes and yawning, he took a sip of coffee he had made not very long before.

He had the night shift again, and he needed all the energy he was gonna get. This was gonna be a long night. And with the loss of sleep he had been having, he didn't know how long he was gonna be able to go out like this.

He left the lounge not long after finishing the coffee and decided to visit Yami before continuing his shift.

He walked down the hall and saw a man.

A man in a dark hood.

The one from when Yami was in surgery that one time.

Yugi tried to stop him, but it wouldn't work and he kept walking without acknowledging that Yugi had ever said anything.

And Yugi could have sworn that he saw a knife in his pocket.

Soon, the room came into Yugi's sights and he made his way over to it.

The only sound he could hear was the monitor on the other side of the door.

He entered the room slowly and quietly, being sure not to make a sound. The heart monitor had grown slower than his last minute and Yami had been put on another respirator, being the worst sign of them all. Yami was extremely close to dying.

His organs were giving up.

He was giving up.

Yugi couldn't bear to see him this way, but there he was, an ICU patient on the verge of death in a condition worse than any other in the hospital and no matter what they tried, he wasn't getting better.

He wasn't responding to his antibiotics that they would give him at night and in the morning.

He was losing his war.

Yugi gripped his hand tightly, his tears returning when he remembered all that Yami had wanted to be remembered for. He wanted to be remembered for saving lives. For being loving and conforting. For being the one who would be there when no one else was.

But now, he had no one for himself.

Yami only had Yugi, and he didn't even know that he had Yugi.

Yami's coma had deepened over night, and Yugi could tell. He relied more on the respirator to breathe than himself. He was losing the ability to help himself. His body was weakening with every passing day...hour upon the hour...minute upon the minute...second upon the second.

It was almost over.

Yugi listened in silence, the tears falling down his cheeks like quiet waterfalls. He shook his head.