•Chapter 0• [Wake From Your Sleep]

Start from the beginning

You already know the answer, don't you? After all, you 'don't do things needlessly', am I right?

Quite. 

But, what do you mean 'accomplish great things'? ...Oh, don't tell me... Is this one of those isekai scenarios?

Yes. It's just that the cycle never ends. You will die again in the new world, and go to another one, and another one, and another one.

I'll most definitely go insane.

That is a part of your humanity.

Well, okay then. There's no going back once we, uh, form a pact?

No, this contract, as you would call it, is quite literally, eternal.

...I know I am going to regret this later, but... okay. Let's do it, I suppose. Suddenly, the world around me changed. In an instant, the empty, lifeless wasteland was replaced by nothing but a white floor, however, the sky remained the same.

I am not the lazy type to just make you overpowered and send you to another world to get a harem, Y/N. You will sweat blood in order to obtain power.

Already regretting my decisions. What should I call you though? You know my name, but I don't know yours.

The Abyss.

Oooooh... sounds edgy as Hell.

Sigh, Hexyus will suffice. And you have no idea how Hell looks like if my very existence is edgy to you.

I saw a glimpse of it for a small moment but I really don't feel like finding out more.

Well then, let's get to work, shall we? 

What kind? And just then, countless handles rose from the ground all around me. There was a weapon embedded into the ground as far the eye could see. Be it an axe, a scythe or even a simple thing as a sword, there were many of them.

The training kind.

Just then, a pitch-black figure of a knight clad in full black armour appeared before me, wielding a giant sword. 

Fight.

Then the large body of the knight lunged at me at a speed I didn't think it could even move at. Just barely, I managed to twist my body in a way that the blade passed by me harmlessly. I grabbed one of the handles sticking from the ground and brought out the rather light weapon... it was a dagger.

...Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how much time has passed, nor do I really care at this point. My voice has returned a good while back, and I must say, Hexyus was not joking around when he said I will sweat my blood. If it was under any other circumstance, I would be long dead. But I am not for a very simple reason, I can't die twice. Or rather, I can't stay dead. It took me a long time just to beat that first knight with a dagger, then I had to fight ANOTHER one. It wielded a large battleaxe and Hexyus expected me, or rather wanted me to win against him using a goddamn shortsword. You wouldn't believe how many things I have learned thanks to this Dark Souls level of unfair fighting, I'm sure shapeshifting my clothes was not a part of it but it was a nice bonus. My training went from 1v1 to 1v2, to 1v3, and so on until he wanted me to face an entire battalion. It was excruciating, yes, but the fruits of my labour were worth it. 

Bravo. I applaud your efforts.

"Do you think I'm ready?"

Do you think you're ready?

"...Yeah."

Then there is nothing left to debate.

"I'm guessing now you will transport me to a random world or something."

Correct, but we will meet again. Let's hope it won't be soon. Enjoy your stay in The World of Twelve. And remember...

...

...

...

"The world is a series of gears, you don't have to understand it to control it."

...

...

...

...

...

•[TO BE CONTINUED...]•

]•