Chapter 16: Settei Kaitai - Origins

Start from the beginning

"You can do this Dad! You're the best hero ever! I'll take good care of Mama!" My father smiled before giving me a hug

"You can do this Dad! You're the best hero ever! I'll take good care of Mama!" My father smiled before giving me a hug. "I want you to know that I'm proud of you Settei. You're learning how to manage your quirk so quickly and you are showing incredible improvements. I can't wait to see you become an amazing hero. Heck, you may be better than your old man. Now don't stop alright? You'll be an amazing hero with that quirk." As he let out a chuckle before giving us his goodbyes as he walked out the door. This wasn't anything new for my Father to do. He always goes out of town to travel and work for his business, and as well as hero duties. He goes by the hero name: "Gigamax!" His quirk allows him to enlarge his body to fight. Not in the traditional sense of like turning into a giant, but more like he could increase the size of his arms and legs to increase his strength to powerful levels! It was always amazing to see my dad on the news for saving people and helping out people here in Japan. It was just hard to realize... that this was the last time I would ever see him again...

July 13th, 2007
Esuha City, Japan
09:46 AM

July 13th, 2007Esuha City, Japan09:46 AM

"...Now with Yotoshi with the news."
"Thank you, sadly in the latest news, tragedy has struck... our beloved hero Kiozuki Kaitai, otherwise known as Gigamax, has gone out in search of a vigilante that was disguised as a Hero under his organization. Despite the fact, the company which is also an agency, "Heroic Supports" was fairly falling off on the market due to many issues happening within the company's staff. He made the daring choice to find the culprit overseas. U-unfortunately... it seems that... he wasn't able to succeed in his mission. As tragic as the news maybe... it was brave for a hero to risk what he has to do in order to protect and rid of the criminal activities. In the latest news, All Might and other pro heroes have managed to apprehend the suspects who have been causing bank heist around the town and-"
I was sitting at my TV with my Mother before she shut the it off completely. I was a bit confused about what they were trying to say about my father. What was so tragic about him failing his mission? I mean when he comes back home... I'll do my best to cheer him up again.
"Hey, Mama w-what happened? Is Dad ok?"
My mother remained silent and didn't say a word. I didn't know why she was acting like this at first, but sure enough... I'd get my answer to what had happened.