Chapter 16: Settei Kaitai - Origins

Art by Mico
https://www.facebook.com/miconomicon/

____________________________
Previously on "A Hero's Story"...

"You ruined my life 9 years ago! When you took the one person most important to me in my life! The day that you killed my father!"

I was mortified... no way... this can't be real! The villain who attacked us that day. The same villain who was crushing my parents. The same villain who launched me into a wall. That same villain... was actually...
Settei's Father?!

________________________________

"I killed Settei's father that day

"I killed Settei's father that day... I can't believe I just- wait... wait a minute! No, I had a reason to! Snap out of it (Y/N)! You know exactly why it had to be done! His father was trying to kill you and your family! You're not the villain here... his father was the villain!" I thought to myself before finally snapping myself back to my senses.
"Settei! I'm not the villain here! Your father is the villain! He was trying to kill me and my family damn it!"
"Bullshit! My Father went hunting down that Villain, Absorption Man! He was a crook pretending to be a hero! He destroyed my father's business for his own personal gain!"

What the hell was he talking about? "My father would never do anything like that! I don't know who the hell told you those lies but I'm not going to allow anyone to talk down on my father like that!"
"Is that so?! Then why did he leave Japan to start a new life in the USA?! He abandoned my father and took the money from his company along with him! Yet, here you are with the audacity to tell me otherwise! You are nothing but a liar and a villain! I'll make you pay!"
"The only one who is going to pay is you, Settei! It's because of your father that he took my father away and damaged my mother to the point she is unable to use her quirk!"
That was it... that was the last straw that snapped the camels back. I was blinded by rage and for a moment... I didn't care. My blood was at his boiling point and I could feel my quirk glowing and flickering rapidly. It didn't feel like it was running out, but it felt as if it was moving rapidly as if it were being pushed by a heavy wind. I was ready to charge at him, giving it everything I got.

(Settei's POV)

You'll never understand what I had to go through, (Y/N). Ever since that day that I found out he was killed, everything was slowly changing. It was like an important foundation was just destroyed, causing the entire structure to collapse in on itself. I remember the day he left... the last smile he gave me...

June 19, 2007
Hosu City, Japan
1:26 PM (13:26 PM)

"Papa? Where are you going?" As I stood there in the living room looking at my father. He was holding a suitcase as he looked over at me and smiled.
"Oh, Settei! I have to go to some hero business outside of Japan. I'll be back soon I promise." My father came up to me and knelt down before rubbing his hand on my head.
"You are going to be the man of the house while I'm gone so take good care of your mother alright?