༓☾ twenty one ☽༓

Start from the beginning

"I was picking out some flowers for my papa. He hasn't been feeling well lately so I thought some flowers would help." I look down to my basket to see that I've gotten all of my papa's favorite flowers which was a lot because he just loves flowers.

I don't really know why he hasn't been feeling so well lately but papa and dad have told me and Hyung to not worry about it but of course we don't always listen to them and so we're worrying like crazy but I know papa will get better soon, he always does.

"Thats so sweet of you. I know he'll love them." I nod my head and then we continue to walk with a comfortable silence surrounding us and it felt really nice.

I don't know why I feel so comfortable around Nahla Noona but I do and its quite weird. I never warm up to anyone this quick, well maybe except for Jungkook but I think it was because it was cool to have a human in the palace as well as a new person. We're also close in age so that was also another thing to be excited about but with Nahla its strange.

She has known my parents since they were born and they practically grew up with each other and she even was there when both of Hyungs were born. She was even going to marry my oldest brother.

It feels as if she is apart of this family but at the same time she isn't and I think I just need to get to know her a little more but I'm not sure what to say.

"You know its absolutely crazy how similar you look to your Hyung, Seojoon. I've known him since birth and if you two were to stand in front of me I would not be able to tell the difference at all." She laughs to herself and I laugh along with her because I've heard this many times myself growing up. But I don't know if looking like my Hyung is a good thing or not. They compare me with his looks now but would they start comparing me to him with something else later? Would I be able to live to his high standing?

From what I've heard he was good at everything and was definitely seen as a leader. A true royal vampire right alongside our parents. Later on they saw the same in Yeonjun and now all that is left is me and no one even sees me as an adult yet.

"You know its always good to be yourself Soobin. You and your Hyung might look alike but it doesn't mean you should be alike in any other way. Be who you want to be and be proud." I look at her shocked for a second but once her words register in my head I start to feel giddy inside.

Finally someone who sees me for me and not for my brother.

I know everyone sees my brother when they see me but they all choose to ignore it but I can see it in their faces. Even if I try ignoring it, it wont ever go away.

I love my brother even though I have never met him, I love him because he was my brother and from what I've heard he was an amazing person that everyone loved.

"I do what I want but there's those moments that when someone looks at me I know they're not looking at me, they're looking at Seojoon Hyung." I let out a sigh and she stops walking and I catch myself last minute, stopping before I bump into her.

She looks at me with a small smile as she reaches up and caresses my cheeks gently making me instantly blush from the touch.

"But you never look at me as if you're looking for him. You know he's not there, even when we look so similar. I know if we were both standing in front of you right now you would know who is who. He has something I don't have." I feel relived finally saying everything, for letting it out and Nahla Noona looks at me shocked at first but then gains her composure and continues to gently caress my cheek with her thumb.

"It seems you've got me there but yes I would know the difference and it's not because he has certain characteristics that you don't but because when you love someone you just know. You know who they are and I loved him so much, there was no separating us." Hearing her words brings a smile to my fave as I reach my hand to her hand on my cheek and bring it down to her side.