7. The Secret haven

Start from the beginning

''Hadi! Behave.'' She scolded him in her sweet voice and I wiggled my eyebrows at him who gaped at me too stunned for words.

"Oh love, just ignore him. You did great. It only needs some additions and then it will be just  perfect.'' She remarked sweetly. I nodded my head at her eagerly when Hadi interjected. This guy sometimes—

''Just some additions? Amo that thing is beyond the help of a normal human being. Only Allah can make it right with His divine powers.'' He clucked his tongue with a shake of head. I glowered at him through clenched teeth and his response came in a sweet smile.

''Hadi. Don't you have any work to do? I will fetch you when the breakfast is ready.''Amo remarked quickly and I giggled as he left the kitchen with a pout on his face.

I felt that he was being like this to not make me feel awkward about last night. He must've heard my screams. His room was on the ground floor along with the guest room, in which I was staying. Usually, I get knocked out right after taking my sleeping pills but yesterday, I fell asleep before I could take them. When I woke up screaming, he calmed me until my tears dried and my body had stopped shaking. Eventually, I felt a little composed and made him leave. He seemed reluctant to leave me on my own but complied in the end.

---------------------------------------------

''Amo. Are you going somewhere?'' I inquired looking up from the book I was reading on the Veranda to find Amo come out while holding a basket in her hands.

''Yes, Jaan. I was going to pick some Apples from our garden.'' She answered.

''Really? I was going to the valley anyway. I can pick them for you?'' I suggested helpfully.

''But love how can you--'' She remarked surprised.

''Please let me do it! I'll do my best! And if I don't do well, then—then—'' I started enthusiastically but was cut off midway by Amo's laughter.

''Alright. Alright. I was saying so only because it might be too heavy for you to carry. Just bring what you can carry easily and be careful. Okay?'' I stood up with an excited hoot, which made Amo laugh out loud again. Shaking her head she caught my face in her hands and kissed me on both cheeks.

"Fee Amanillah." She said a prayer while watching me with soft eyes. I nodded a smile before taking the basket from her hand and going on my way.

"God. Is this heaven?" My voice got carried away through the deserted garden. I had finally come upon the ethereal beauty, after getting lost more than a few times along the way. With a heave, I shook away my entrancement and got on with my work.

I had filled the basket up to the brim with the apples and was about to leave, when I noticed something behind the vines. Without a second thought. I stepped closer and began pulling away the vines with my bare hands.

After successfully accomplishing my task, I was glad to find that the effort wasn't wasted. I had stumbled upon something like a secret hideout except there was only a small lake.

With a huff, I sat down on the rocky ground, placing my basket beside me and quietly watched the brilliant blue water, that was as beautiful and calm as everything else in this land. I felt a sudden sense of peace filling me.

It's like, I am in heaven.

"If you think Switzerland is beautiful then just think how beautiful Jannah would be? When Allah has said that we cannot even imagine anything like it."

Suddenly, a stray memory flashed across the screens of my mind and I brushed it away brutally, before it could make me think any further than that.