Ch.3 - Five souls

The group drove to the airport and got on Noiz's private jet, which Noiz had borrowed his family, so they didn't had to worry about any other passangers causing a ruckus or questioning them. On the long flight the group took turns to watch over Aoba while the others rested. Once they arrived back to the island an ambulance was already waiting for them, to which they took Aoba to the Hospital. Ren went with Aoba on the ambulence, the rest taking a ride of their own while they contacted everyone who were still in wonder of Aoba. Haga, Yoshie, and Mizuki. They would've contacted Tae but...it was too late.

When Aoba disappeared, Tae took it worst out of everyone. She searched everywhere with the group, as far as her feet could take her every day. It reached to a point where she exhausted herself beyond what her body could handle, landing her in the hospital for treatment. After insistence that she were to stay still so she wouldn’t push her body too far again, she would spend her entire day sitting on the kitchen table, staring at the doorway, waiting for Aoba to walk through and call her ‘Grandma’. For months Mizuki watched over Tae, and watched her slowly become less of what she was, giving up hope that her baby Aoba would come back home alive. One day her her broken heart eventually gave out. The last promise they made to her was that they would bring Aoba home, regardless of what it took from then. It was a heartbreaking sight for everyone. She had passed away just 3 months before they had found Aoba. If only she could've fought it longer, but there was only so much that someone's heart could take, especially at her age. Eventually everyone arrived at the hospital, where they sat in the waiting room. The first to arrive were the group of Mink, Noiz, Koujaku and Clear. Moment after Mizuki came running in, panting harshly as it appeared that he had ran without stopping to the hospital the moment he heard the call.

“Is he here?! Where is he?! Is he ok?!” Mizuki asked, not giving himself enough time to breath, his body shaking because of it. Koujaku stood up, getting a hand on Mizuki’s shoulder.

“He’s alive. Take a seat, Mizuki.” Koujaku insisted. Mizuki eventually calmed down and sat down with the group. Once he had collected himself, he started to ask again.

“Where did you find him?” He asked. The question arose angry looking faces around the room.

“We found him outside of the country.” Clear explained.

“How...no, who?” Mizuki asked. Mink answered his question.

“Those punks from Morphine.” Mink said, his voice filled with disgust by just thinking about them. Mizuki’s eyes widened in surprise, and then narrowed in pure anger.

“THEY did this?!” Mizuki asked, standing up from his seat. “Where are they?! Are they here?! I’m going to-!” Koujaku pulled Mizuki by his arm, making him sit back down.

“They aren’t here.” Koujaku said, to which Mizuki seemed disappointed, but relieved as well.

“Don’t worry, we gave them something to remember us by.” Noiz spoke, crackling his knuckles casually.

Mizuki sighed. “…what did they do to him?”

Silence. No one in the room answered him, nor they looked at him. Mizuki felt a lump form in his throat. Was it that bad? He quickly changed to another question.

“Where’s Ren?”

“He’s with the doctors and Aoba.” Clear said.

“Have…you guys called the police yet?” Mizuki asked, sounding strange, as he, the leader of the biggest rib group on the island, would’ve never thought of such before. But this was different.

“We didn’t bother.” Noiz answered. “Those two are very powerful in terms of negotiations and contacts. Even when we knew where they were and tried to convince the local police, they would have none of it. Those two have stronger influences on the law than I can work against.” Mizku sighed. He figured as much, but hearing it only confirmed it. Then Ren walked into the room. He seemed distracted as he did, his mind on other things, but was quickly brought back to reality at the sight of his friend.