Ch.15 - To Set You Free

As expected, Aoba was taken to the remnants of Oval Tower. There the controlled young men held their Scrap weapons, looking as Aoba was escorted to the deepest part of the ruins. They reached a clearing of rubbish, out in the open as the sun was beginning to set. There Virus and Trip stood, Noiz and Ren standing right besides them, the same dull look in their eyes. When he saw Trip and Virus smile, Aoba couldn't keep his composure for much longer. Every fear, every memory, every event he had gone through, all related to those same smiles that greeted him at every turn for the past year, whether out of happiness or anger. He felt his body shake, his memories flashing in front of him as he could recall every feeling, every touch, every word. He fell onto his knees before puking on the ground beneath, his body twisting itself and hurting in response, trying to get whatever was hurting Aoba out, even if it was physically impossible. He vomited until there was nothing left but bile, much to the amusement of the two blondes. Once Aoba was done, he was left panting and shaking, a few tears escaping his eyes. Virus signaled for them to bring Aoba closer, and so Mink and Koujaku did, forcing him to face them, though the shaky muscles as they moved spoke volumes. They were fighting. And they were losing. 

"We've missed you, Aoba." Virus spoke. Aoba could only glare, even as his body shook in fear.

"Let them go. You have me. Let them go." Aoba asked, begging at them. Trip and Virus smirked amused.

"Oh Aoba. Why would let them go?" Virus asked, gently stroking Aoba's cheek, as Aoba looked away.

"We're going to bring you all back with us." Trip said. Aoba's eyes widened.

"What?!"

"They love you, you know." Trip said. "They risked everything just to save you. I have to admire that from them."

"We know how happy they make you. So we're going to bring them with us. We're going to be a big, happy family!" Virus said cheerfully, Aoba slowly shaking his head. "That way they can have turns making you happy when you're done with us. That way you're not lonely when we're not around. Isn't it a wonderful idea?"

"NO!" Aoba screamed. No. Oh god no. Anything but this. Not them. They didn't deserve it. He couldn't drag them down with him. "Leave them out of this!" Aoba screamed. "Just take me, but leave them alone!!!"

"Oh we tried that the first time, and looked what happened." Trip said, grabbing a hold of Aoba's face roughly. "We're not making the same mistake twice."

Aoba could only sob as tears escaped his eyes. No. This can't be the end. This couldn't possibly happen again. Now it wasn't only him, everyone else was going to pay with him. This wasn't fair. It can't end like this.

"...No..." Aoba said, forcing himself away from Trip's grip. "I won't allow it." Aoba hissed. "You've done the unthinkable to me. You've beat me. You've punished me. You've raped me. You've broken me!" Aoba screamed. He looked up to glare at them, his eyes filled with a fire that no one had seen in a very long time. For a moment, they all could see the Aoba they met once before everything went to hell. "But you sure as hell have not won. I won't let you touch them. I won't let you hurt them like you've hurt us!!!" Aoba yelled, his voice distorting as another voice spoke with his, the look on his eyes one that made both Trip and Virus smile wildly.

"Sly Blue." They both whispered, almost enamored. Aoba never faltered in his glare, but that didn't dieter them.

"What will you do? Use Scrap on us? Aoba love, you know we are immune." Even if you try to free them, we will just use our machines on them again." Virus said, opening his arms for a hug. "Come on now! Let's go home! I'll get us First Class tickets and everything." Aoba didn't move, nor said a word, instead continuing to glare. Trip scoffed.