Bad End - We Are (Not) Free

Aoba opened his eyes as he returned back to reality, panting as he caught his breath. In the real world, time had not passed any further, a mere second what for them was an eternity. The once brainwashed young men stopped their struggling, greeted by friends and strangers alike. Some began to cheer, ever so grateful, while others began to cry, not believing what they had just gone through. Aoba turned to face Mink and Koujaku, looking at.

"...guys?"

Aoba asked. He waited, holding his breath in anticipation. Koujaku reached his hand out, causing Aoba to flinch as Koujaku pulled him closer.

"...we can be together, Aoba." Koujaku whispered. Aoba looked up, looking for the light in Koujaku's eyes...there was none. Instead all he saw was...broken desire. Aoba looked at Mink for help, but he had the same look. Broken. Distant. Gone.

"No." Aoba gasped, eyes widening in horror and realization as he shook his head wildly. "No no no." It didn't work. Scrap didn't work. He wasn't able to free them. He'd failed. "Koujaku, Mink, snap out of it!" Aoba yelled. But there was no use. He wasn't strong enough to overpower it.

What have I done?

Mitsuki screamed as he was kicked away by Clear, Ren and Noiz standing by Virus and Trip, who were smiling and laughing in utter, demented glee. 

"Guess Toue was on the right track." Trip said, smirking to himself as he glanced up, signaling at Mink and Koujaku. Koujaku picked Aoba up into his arms, walking back to Trip and Virus along with Mink as people fell to the ground in pain. Strong as they were, now in a trance state without any fear or remorse, they cut down the men one by one, until they were all unable to stand up anymore due to the pain. Mitsuki lay on the floor, blood dripping from his nose and lips as he looked up in horror.

"Aoba...!" Mitsuki grunted, trying to drag himself closer. Aoba was shaking, eyes wide as he shook his head.

"I failed...I failed them...!!!" Aoba sobbed. Virus gently stroked Aoba's cheek with a smirk.

"Guess you weren't so strong after all." Virus hummed, the words alone striking Aoba like knives. Aoba screamed, in fear, in frustration, in anger, just screaming out curses and kicking at everything and everyone. The last thing Mistuki saw before losing consciousness was Aoba collapsing in Koujaku's arms. By the time he woke up, they were nowhere to be seen.

-MONTHS LATER-

"We're leaving!" Virus called, fixing his tie. Trip hurried over with a suitcase to meet up with Virus, looking back at Clear. "Make sure to give Aoba a bath, would you?" Virus asked, Clear nodding.

"Of course." Clear said, the cheerfulness in his voice gone, replaced by a monotone, obedient voice.

"We're off, then!" Trip said, waving as the two walked out the door, closing it and locking it behind them. Clear waited for them to leave from the driveway before slowly heading down the hall. He reached a door, knocking on it. 

"I'm coming in." Clear said, opening the door as he entered. The room was large, almost like a second living room. It had multiple beds and sofas, lush carpets decorating the floors. There was a large TV with the latest of gaming consoles installed. On the sofas sat everyone else, Mink, Koujaku, Ren and Noiz, all snuggled up while in the center remained Aoba, naked, but wrapped in soft, snuggly blankets. He belonged to Trip and Virus, but whenever they weren't with him, he belonged to them, to which he was spoiled and beloved, which Aoba relished. They all played a part, but in the end of the day, they all loved Aoba the same. Whenever he was released the group would treat him as best as they could. Koujaku would maintain his hair, giving him haircuts from time to time and recounted tales from their childhood. Mink would tell him stories and decorate his hair. Noiz would play games with him and show him the latest videos on the internet. Ren would recount memories with him, tell him jokes and make him laugh. Clear was always there to offer advice, and whenever he had a hard time sleeping, he would sing him to sleep, even if his voice wasn't fully the same any longer.

"Aoba needs to take a bath. Get him ready soon." Clear said with a soft smile, turning before walking away to prepare it.

Ren snuggled up. "Aoba. It's bath time." Ren hummed. Aoba blinked a few times, before lowering his head back down against the sofa. 

"A few more minutes." Aoba said. At the beginning, he wouldn't even speak. But after a while, seeing that they were the only chance of keeping his sanity intact, he began to speak up, but only to them. Even then, he was careful. He couldn't even fully trust them anymore.

"Come on, we have to get you cleaned." Mink said, sitting up as he reached his hands over to Aoba. He substantively flinched, but calmed when Mink wrapped his arms around him and picked him up into his arms to carry him bridal style. He carried Aoba to the bath, setting him down gently in the warm water before walking away. Clear gently began to scrub Aoba clean, paying attention to any wounds.

"After this I'll make you some dessert. How does that sound?" Clear asked, now washing his hair, detangling it with his fingers. Aoba could only look forward before closing his eyes, allowing himself to be bathed. He relished these moments of peace. These moments when Virus and Trip were far, far away. Where he could remember of how things were before, and dream of what could have been.

Because here, they were anything but free.