10; Boys

So this is when we catch up mostly to what I have rewritten. All of chapter 11, most likely 12 and 13 as well will be straight flashbacks to try and sort out the mess I had made earlier with the choppy flashbacks to signal that Re!Errors memories are coming back in full instead of choppy bits. They are taking me a bit longer to write then I wished so enjoy this mostly cute with angst undertones chapter about Pj and Gradient.

Reboot starred in the mirror, his hands shaking. He couldn’t believe what Sci had said. It couldn’t be true. It just couldn’t. It wasn’t safe, nothing was safe in the multiverse. Eraser still had his moments where he was heavily unstable and Nightmare hated their guts. If what Sci told him was true, it would just be another weakness for Nightmare to use against them.
“Boots? Are you okay? You’ve been locked in the bathroom for going on a half hour. What did Sci say?” Reboot could hear the panic in his husband's voice.
“I don’t know if it’s good or bad Racey. It feels like a good thing but… it could make everything so much harder… another weakness people could use against you…” Reboot whispered and Eraser took in a sharp breath. 

When they had spoken about their future Reboot and Eraser had decided against kids for the time, no matter how much they wanted them. They had agreed it was safer for the unborn child. The child could be used against them. They had said nearly the exact same thing Reboot had just told Eraser and it became extremely obvious.

“Your kidding me…” Eraser whispered.
“Yes, I guess I am KIDding you.” Reboot took an attempt at humor opening the door. Erasers eyes widened more and he pulled Reboot into a hug. The smaller immediately began to sob.
“What if we can’t protect them?” Reboot whimpered.
“I’ll make sure we can, I promise.” Eraser pulled away and cupped Reboots cheek.

Error sat up straight. Before this had he had no idea of his children. He still couldn’t believe he ever forgot. Guilt ate at his heart thinking about the fact that he had a child, or even more than 1, that he completely forgot about.
“Oh god…” he whispered in horror. He had forgotten about his child.
“Error?” Ink whispered from his side. Error could barely hear him. He was still shocked.
“Error? I’m here. Error?” Ink whispered, shaking Error lightly. Error blinked again and turned to face Ink.
“Sorry,” Error whispered.
“It’s okay. I’m just glad your fine.” Ink hummed.
“I’m… I’m gonna go visit Nightmare today.” Error whispered and Ink nodded, leaning his head against Errors shoulder. Error’s eyes shut and he leaned against Ink.
“Be safe.” Ink whispered and in a moment he was standing.
“I will.” Error whispered standing to kiss Inks head. 

“Why didn’t you tell me about having children?” Error stood in the doorway of Nightmares little base.
“Because I didn’t find it necessary, and you have two kids. Both boys.” Nightmare replied as if he hadn’t forgotten to mention Errors legitimated children.
“Twins or…”
“A year and a half apart in age. I’ll just say your eldest was about six months old when you became Error instead of Reboot.” Nightmare picked at his nonexistent nails.
“And I left both behind with Ink?” 
“Well he remembers everything now, so Eraser, but yes. Also here, you told me to hold onto this. Thought I should give it back.” Nightmare tossed Error Erasers old jacket, the one Reboot had kept all those years.
“Heh…” Error smiled at the jacket in his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eraser sighed adjusting his eldest, now 6, in his lap. It had been a week since his sons 6th birthday and in about six months his youngest would turn 5. He just hoped Reboot, or Error now, was back by then.
“Daddy? Do you miss papa too?” Gradient, his eldest, whispered looking up at Eraser. Eraser felt his heart ache and he moved Gradient closer.
“I miss your papa every second of everyday. The only reason I don’t cry is because I have two little dorks to keep me smiling.” Eraser nuzzled his son who’s response was violent giggles.
“I love you daddy.” Gradient whispered.
“I love you too Gray. I promise your papa will be back soon, promise.” Eraser hummed, kissing Gradients head one last time before putting him down.
“I’m gonna go wake up your brother before I make lunch. Wanna get some toys out?” Eraser asked and Gradient nodded happily.
“Okay now go get some toys out for you and Pj to play with. I’ll be right back.” Ink leaned over to kiss Gradients head again before going upstairs and into the boys bedroom. Inside lay a sleeping four year old who clutched the sole puppet of Reboot left in the house. Eraser had found it in their room while still ink. He thought it was just a weird looking Error but now he knew it was actually of Reboot.
“Paperjam. Hey baby it’s time to wake up.” Eraser cooed leaning over his son as he lightly shook a single shoulder.
“Nooo. Wanna sleep.” Paperjam whined.
“If you get up now you can bring your puppet of papa downstairs.” Eraser didn’t usually bribe his children like that but they had been unusually clingy and sad since Gradients birthday.
“Puppet of Papa?” Paperjam whispered opening his adorable big eyes to stare up at his father.
“Yep, you can bring it downstairs and even let him eat with you at lunch.” Eraser scooped up his youngest who cooed happily.
“Yay! Papa puppet!” Pj giggled happily. Eraser kissed the boys help before leaving the room and heading back downstairs. 
“Pj! Daddy! Look I got out toys!” Gradient stood at the bottom of the stairs, bouncing happily. Erasers eyes warmed and as he lowered Pj to the floor he clutched the puppet of Reboot a bit tighter before showing it to his brother who smiled and kissed the puppets head. His brothers actions made pj giggle and then the two children ran to play.
Eraser smiled before going into the kitchen. He went to the pantry and pulled out some bread. He sighed looking in the pantry for anything else. He really needed to go shopping.
“How about sandwiches for lunch today boys? After that you can go visit uncle blue while I shop.” Eraser leaned into the living room.
“Okay daddy.” Gradient hummed.
“Kk.” Pj answered. Eraser smiled at his boys. They were all he had left of Reboot, of their life. He didn’t care that Pj barely spoke at the age of four and that Reboot’s leave left Gradient left with separation anxiety, they where his boys, his family, and they meant everything to him.

He would protect them for as long as he could.

Faking the Fall (errorink)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें