V. With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

John 19:11 - "Jesus answered, 'You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.'"

When you think of power, most people think of the kind of power you have when you are famous or well-known. The kind of power that causes everyone to light up when you walk into the room. Although this is a type of power, this is not the type we will be discussing. The fair definition of power that will be used and implied unless otherwise stated is this, the capacity of some person to produce intended and foreseen effects on others. Basically meaning that power is being able to make things happen according to your will. If you want someone fired from their job, they will be. We see this type of power portrayed everyday in politics as the President has enough power to remove other politicians from their job. Not to take sides, but President Trump provides a great example of this power in the United States being demonstrated. More than two dozen government workers have either quit or been fired since President Trump took office in 2017. This number is continuing to grow because of President Trump's ability to make things happen. President Trump has the power to fire them, or enact laws that are against their political standing, making them quit. President Trump led a powerful and effective campaign as he was, and still is, a powerful business figure of great stature and wealth. Bringing us to our attention to money being a primary source of power.

Today, the people with the most power are those with the most money. Things have been this way in the past, and they continue to stay this way. Being able to simply purchase special and premium services as well as playing a large role, not only in America but in the world, gives you great power. Being able to effect the whole being of America by yourself, is not only an accomplishment, but a sign of great power. If Bill Gates wanted to buy Walmart and change it completely, he could do it without any problems. This is because he is able to purchase Walmart in its entirety with his money. We see the revolving factor in this world being money. People with the most money get the best things and they get to make the most decisions. This is why most of your laws are made by the rich, or were influenced most by the rich. The people in power positions are those with the most money. This source of money leads to strong connections. Money figures connect with other money figures and the power goes to them. The fact that everything has a price is what makes money such a powerful asset. Not only are things able to be bought, but people and their services can also be bought.

The real value of money is the power and respect it gives you. Any rich person can say that people look at them different, because of their wealth. Everybody likes people to respect them and for everyone to know their name, and money is the way to achieve this. That high lying status of fame and power is what people crave. To be recognized as a power figure and recognized by everyone is a blessing for anyone. Teenagers now complain about not being recognized and being seen as insignificant, which caused the rates of suicide in teenagers to rise. This is why we see teenagers trying to get big off of something. Whether this be music, social media, or some other platform, people have become creative with ways to come up. The need for attention and significance is what drives most people today. Artists keep dropping content on a consistent basis to keep from going under. Whether this is for attention or not, it is necessary to keep from going under. Sometimes the motives of people are not money and power centered, but they need to keep making money to survive in this world. You can chase influence and power, but it will lead to money every time. It is impossible to hold a high position without money and power. Some people try to make a difference without money, but they are quickly swept under the rug. This is because the most influence comes as a product of money. The accumulation of high money is often assumed to be a result of hard work and dedication. This is why the respect comes with the money. It took something to get to the point in which you are at. If you want power and influence, you must accept that money will come as a product of that. A lot of people avoid chasing money, because of the things that it leads to. Greed, selfish desires, indulgence, and many other bad habits can come as a result of making lots of money. These are not to be denied as fact, for they are true. These habits should be avoided, but not denied. The more you deny something like that, the more it will come back to bite you. If your heart is pure and you are pursuing power for the right reason, you will be able to avoid those things. You will, because your vision and dream outweigh any desires that may arise from the ashes of money. The necessity of money in this world is what makes most people do dirty things and work at a job in which they do not enjoy. We are forced to chase money and power as taxes and prices are constantly rising. Money is a result of power, and they are both to be used for the better of your dream and vision, benefiting others for the good of the world.