Flynt barely spared it a glance as they walked inside.

"So, this merger..." Almalfi began, pulling a folder from his desk drawer as the two men took seats on opposite sides of his desk.

"We both know it's much more than just a merger." Flynt smirked as the papers slid across the table toward him.

Sure, it was about money.

But more than that, it was about blood.

"Yes, I guess it's more of a war pact." Almalfi replied with a laugh.

"Speaking of which, how are the immortals?" The term was like poison on his tongue.

Immortals.

They wished.

He stood from his seat to walk to the window.

Looking out over all the buildings and streets, he relished in the feeling of power.

Above all others.

Metaphorically and literally.

"I saw them last week actually. I wanted to wait until we were in person to tell you, but they've caught themselves a very pretty little bird." Almalfi said from behind him, his tone excited.

"Really? Now that certainly makes things interesting." Flynt turned from the window with a raised eyebrow.

"She's quite a vision actually. Small and sweet. Could barely look me in the eyes." Almalfi mused as he recalled her timid demeanor.

"The ideal woman." Flynt chuckled, fixing himself a drink from the bar cart in the corner.

He despised loud, clingy women.

Demure and quiet were traits he felt each female should strive toward.

"And an ideal pawn for us. She's special to them. I could tell it from the first second I saw them. We get her and they're putty in our hands." The Slavic man's expression was devilish.

Flynt made a noise of agreement as his mind flew through the possibilities.

This was good.

Very good indeed.

"Her name?" He asked, swirling the amber liquid in his glass around.

"Enid McCarthy. I already did a background sweep and couldn't find much. She grew up in Wales. Received a full scholarship to Pennington, which I presume is where she met the immortals." Almalfi dragged a hand through his black curls.

"Enid... Poor girl." Flynt mused quietly to himself, his fingers flexing around the glass.

A predatorial grin on his face.

"I have more good news." Almalfi pulled the man from his thoughts.

"Do tell." He returned to the seat across from him.

"It turns out there was a situation with little Enid and the dean of the university's son. The son is missing now. I think we both know who made him disappear. I think we could make an ally out of the dean." The dark featured man smirked.

"Wonderful. Reach out and invite him to lunch with the two of us. I'm sure our names alone will be enough to get him to come." Flynt set the glass down on the desk.

Purposefully avoiding the coaster set out for him.

"Well, let's get on to this paperwork, shall we? Make it official." He pulled the documents closer to him and began to read over the pages.

Almalfi busied himself with something on his laptop as the other man reviewed the agreement, knowing Flynt took an abundant amount of time before signing anything.

The two had been friends since their early twenties, well as close to friends as two men like them could be.

There was always a slight discomfort between them, never a true level of trust.

Always a hand on the metaphorical guns on their hips in case the other one was to draw his.

Yet, their mutual hatred for the immortals was enough for them to trust to an extent.

Flynt was still apprehensive about the merger, but he knew their combined wealth gave them a much better shot at destroying their enemies.

They still wouldn't have as much as the immortals, but it would be much closer than if they were separate.

He pushed the thoughts away, he hated acknowledging their higher success.

It would change soon.

He'd restore the Flynt family name to the top.

No matter who had to take down along the way.

Swigging back the last of his drink, he signed the paper and slid it back across the table to his now business partner.

Two of the most successful companies in the world coming together.

It would be all over the news by that evening.

Oh, what he would pay to see their faces when they found out.

"Let my assistant know when the lunch with the dean will be. These next few weeks are going to be quite busy as I set up shop once again." Flynt straightened his suit jacket as he stood.

The two shook hands and he swept from the room with the grace of his Icelandic heritage.

As he stepped out onto the busy street, he sent a text to his driver to let him know he was done.

His eyes found a small mouse that was scurrying along the sidewalk before him.

Grinning maliciously, he stepped forward so that the mouse was beneath his perfectly shined shoes.

The squeaks from the small creature drawing a dangerous smile from him as it struggled to escape.

Just as he was about to crush it, the car pulled up before him and he stepped back.

The mouse darted away quickly, still squeaking.

Flynt rolled his eyes and put on his sunglasses once again.

He climbed into the car and they headed toward his penthouse apartment.

It was good to be back.

✈     ✈     ✈

Thoughts on Flynt?

Thoughts on Flynt?

Comments fill my heart with joy.

All my love, Sappho ✈