Chemistry (TW; abuse, rape) [1]

Start from the beginning

He nodded, smiling at me. "Stef, this is Irina. We got back together a few days ago." He explained even though I didn't ask. I knew who she was, I wasn't stupid.

"Back together?" I asked, out of pure curiosity rather than actual interest. Did he mean they were a real thing again? Like dating?

"She's Lea's mom." He said and I remembered the adorable blonde toddler he'd brought on set once before. I often forgot he was a father already.

"Nice to finally meet you. You have a beautiful daughter." I complimented her. I was raised to be a nice person and despite the ache I felt inside of my heart, knowing Bradley's heart and attention now belonged to someone else, I tried my best to be the bigger person. Which was ironic since I was a good two heads shorter than her.

Irina smiled and thanked me. She was beautiful, much prettier than I was in my opinion and also much much taller. Her and Bradley seemed like a way better fit than we'd ever be and I knew that was the reason it hurt so much.

++++

"You made me feel like shit about cheating on Christian, yet here you are smooching your daughters mom?" I yelled at Bradley, crossing my arms in front of my chest. I couldn't believe he'd brought her to our set. This had been a safe place for me and him but maybe it only meant something to me after all.

"We only got back together. When we were kissing I was still single!" He yelled back and shot me a glare, throwing his hands up in a tantrum.

"Don't try to tell me that she wasn't on your mind before you kissed me! It's not like she reappeared out of nowhere!" I yelled back, pushing him towards the door. "Get the fuck out!" I growled.

Bradley grabbed my wrists and stopped me from hitting and pushing at him, while he glared at me. "Stop!" He yelled and I flinched, looking at his angry face.

It reminded me of the one time Christian got so mad at me, he hit me. He'd told me it was a one time thing or at least I'd hoped so in that moment but I knew he'd do it again. It was always like walking on eggshells around him since then and I was scared of what would happen if I told him I wanted to break up with him. I couldn't tell Bradley that though, of course. He had this stupid view of a 'strong and independent woman' of me that I put on for everyone to see and I didn't want to look weak in front of him or anyone for that matter. I was Lady fucking Gaga and I was a lot of things, but never weak. At least not intentionally.

"I'm sorry." He loosened the grip on my wrists and his facial expression softened. "Did you think I was going to hit you?" He asked after a second, hurt evident in his voice as he caressed my wrists even though he didn't hurt me. The small gesture sent butterflies flying around my stomach.

I quickly recovered and shook my head. "No. I know you'd never hurt me, Bradley." I whispered, tears threatening to fall. "I'm just a bit shaken up I guess." I said, pulling my hands out of his grip. "It was a long day, I have to go." I mumbled, grabbing my coat from the hanger. All I wanted was to be away from him so I wouldn't fall for him any more. I knew we'd end up being a disaster and I would be ruined so distancing myself from him was the only option at that point.

Bradley stopped me, a concerned look on his face as I think he put the pieces together or at least made up a scenario inside of his head. "Stefani, if something was wrong you'd tell me, right?" He asked and I didn't dare to look at him in fear he'd be able to read me. He had a habit of doing that and as much as I wanted to let him in and show him all of me I couldn't let that happen. I had been vulnerable enough around him already.