The room was so white it actually physically hurt Robin's eyes.

Emil Hamilton began to type and poke Superboy with needles.

"I'm sorry," Nightstar whispered to Robin.

"For what?"

"I don't know, I just feel like this is my fault."

Robin tisked, "don't be annoying none of this is your fault."

Nightstar blinked, she watched as Robin pulled out a device.

"Good the tracker hit him, let's go."

"Fascinating. It's putting on bone mass..." Dr. Hamilton whispered to himself.

"What's it doing to him?" Robin asked looking at Superboy and hearing his shallow breaths.

"Well from what I see it's adding weight to his bone mass, which is probably why you had trouble carrying him. Eventually, his heart will be crushed because of the pure..." he stopped talking when seeing Nightstar and Robin's faces.

"I could cure him but I need a sample of-"

"We're already on it, Nightstar lets go." Robin left giving Superboy one last look.

Nightstar flew after him.

"The person who did this is probably a freelancer, he's either going to report back to Luthor directly or communicate with him in some way."

"Wouldn't he be smarter than that? Wouldn't he wait until he knows Superboy is dead."

"People aren't as smart as you think they are."

METROPOLIS 
7:15 PM LOCAL TIME

"I still don't understand-"

"You aren't paid to understand." Mercy said looking at her phone.

Derek Summers looked out the window. When he was told he was gonna kill Superboy he laughed in Luthor's face. He was then punched in the throat by Mercy Graves for daring to laugh in the man's presence. They stood in one of his facilities there was a rat in a clear box

"You wanna kill Superboy? Why? Don't you always wanna kill Superman?" Derek had asked while rubbing his sore throat.

"For testing perfume do you know who we test on?" Luthor looked at the rat in the box.

"What?"

"We test on rats first. You need to see your results first, you can't send out a product that's faulty." He pressed a button on a control and a green gas filled the box.

The white rat ran around in a circle trying to escape.

"So this is to see what will happen to Superman?"

The rat fell over, it was still breathing.

"You defeat the weak and then you can go after the strong." Luthor leaned down and watched the rat.