ISSUE #57

WARWORLD NEXT GENERATION DORMS

UNKNOWN TIME

She stared up at the ceiling of her cell. She had practically destroyed the room trying to find something she could use as a weapon. Something she could sharpen into a knife but nothing. The room was baby-proof... or knife-proof.

Mar'i sighed and rubbed her forehead. She had to find a way out of this place. One thing is for sure, Mar'i Grayson refused to die here.

The door to her room unlocked and she sat up immediately.

A guard came into her room with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Did you have to trash the whole room? Someone has to clean this up." He glared.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I making my kidnapper's job more difficult?" Mar'i scoffed.

The guard aimed a gun at her. "Get up."

"Why?"

"You don't get to ask questions here."

Mar'i bit her tongue and stood up. The guard walked towards her and placed handcuffs around her wrists.

"And where am I being taken to now?" She asked him.

"You have a lot of attitude for someone in your current predicament."

"You have a severe lack of humor for someone in your current occupation."

"Are you telling me how to do my job?"

He grabbed her shirt and pulled her off her feet.

She smiled, "the guards on my planet are much smarter."

She head-butted the guard as hard as she could. He let out a cry and dropped her hard on the floor. She kicked him in the groin causing the guard to fall backward. She hurriedly jumped on the man, unsheathed the knife, and held it to his throat.

"You're not supposed to have your powers the collar turns them off-"

"I'm not using my powers idiot this is just me being stronger than you. Now give me the keys to these handcuffs."

"She'll kill me if I do that... we have someone coming to take you if they find-"

She pressed the knife harder into his neck and green blood began to drip down her hands.

"I'm going to kill you now if you don't give me the keys. Wanna die now or die later?"

He swallowed and threw the keys out of the open door of her cell.