8

The assessments are meant to be brutal and tough for the participants

The assessments are meant to be brutal and tough for the participants. It is a fight to the top ten and proves your self-worth.

The assessment consists of three rounds. First rounds involving only the applicants. The juvies will fight against each other to the move onto the next round and it isn't just a quick tap out. It is a brutal fight until one is out cold. Ruthless and unrelenting like the real world. Only the strongest survive.

The second round will involve fighting Gamma Judah's five captains. Katya informed me that one of Gamma Judah's captain was out on family leave which was why I was chosen to replace. The last round is the selections where our leaders in the pack will select the new warriors.

The assessment is held in an old gym facility in town that was modified specifically for these kinds of competition. A total of five caged pentagon arenas inside. Along the red brick walls are three-row proves bleachers for the audience to sit. On one side are the leaders of the pack.

Standing on the sidelines, I listened to Katya, Gamma Female Rosemary and Beta Male Scott exchange excited and small conversations above me on the bleachers. They were here to see who the top ten members will be joining the warrior rankings. Alpha Hunter and Beta Ace sat amongst them. As time ticked on by, more and more pack members are filing in and finding themselves a seat amongst the bleachers.

Gamma Judah walked up to me with a black captain combat uniform in his hands.

"There is no need-" I began.

"It is a tradition that all captains wear this," Gamma Judah interrupted.

Without arguing further, I accepted the uniform. I have seen the uniform used for the assessment years ago. A black military combat training sport shirt and pants. The sleeves are a dark black camouflage that runs over my shoulders and pectorals. The lower half of the shirt is all black. The combat pants had similar dark black camouflage.

"Thank you." I nodded my head in his direction.

"No problem. You are an excellent fighter. So, it is only the smart thing to do and ask you to be part of the selection," Gamma Judah admitted.

"I am not going to go easy," I warned him in advance and we both knew who we were talking about.

Gamma Judah smirked. "Don't. In this assessment, there is no impartiality. She will have to go through it like everyone else."

We turned just in time to see the juvies entered the arenas. My eyes found her instantly. She wore a white combat sport long sleeve that clung to her skin impeccably. She has on matching white combat pants. Her hair tied up into a high ponytail showcasing a slender neckline, toned arms, and slim waist.

She entered her arena like a proud, dangerous tigress. Sage's eyes already on her opponent. Beta Male Scott called out Sage's name. Her eyes flew to the bleachers and a smile appeared on her face as she waved at them.