Chapter 9

The hospital wing was empty, Lilly was bandaged, lying in bed. She awakens, as she feels her hair being pushed behind her ear and sits up, while rubbing her head. There are cards and candy all around. Severus approaches her, looking rather relieved. It looked as if Harry had already been released. 

"Good afternoon, Lilly... I suppose you have received your fair amount of gifts from your... peers..." He sighed, and shook his head. He looked at the young girls hands, which still had ash bits on them. 

"Ron... Hermione... The Twins? They were here? The stone! Father, is Harry Okay?" the young girl looked flushed, however she was a bit shaky. 

"Lillian, Calm yourself... now. The idiot is fine, and yes, they have been here. The thing... that happened in the dungeon... that is not known at all. Do not mention that. to anyone." He had been sitting on the side of her bed, having a substitute for potions. He stayed there the entire time she was out. He sighed, and placed his hand on her ashy one, and gave a small smile. "You remind me so much of her, you known? Getting in trouble, and causing mayhem. You are the true reason I am still living Lilly, and I will always love you as my own." Before should could stop them, the twins were laughing behind snape. 

"Looks like Lilly melted that cold heart of yours, Professor," Fred spoke, after he calmed from the laughter. Lilly gave him a small smile, and shook her head. 

"Fred... please don't insult my father... after all he will be-" she was cut off by snape. 

"Lillian, I will have you married off before I let you marry a Weasley, especially not one such as this..." Snape growled, and squeezed her small hand. He stood, and went to talk to Madam Pomfrey. Snape then came back, with a small sigh. "Help her to the Gryffdor Common Room, no where else. I have eyes all over this castle, understood?"

"Yes Professor," the twins said together. Lilly slowly made her way out of the bed, her small figure seemed to be overtaken by the silky white night gown. She went to hug her father, but he seemed to ominously disappear. "Lilly, Harry told us what happened."

"I know, I know... I am a bloody idiot... I get it," she spoke. "I am not as strong as Harry, or as smart as Hermione, or as brave as Ron... I should Have stayed away from all that bloody danger." Lilly looked at her feet as they walked. 

"No, actually, Harry said you stood up to he who should not be named. Also, after you get dressed, we have to go watch the bloody Slytherins win the house cup again. Maybe that is another reason your father was so happy." At that, Lillian made a face of disgust. 

"Are you bloody serious? How do aggressive, jerky, and hate filled people like that win the house cup? That is not bloody fair!" She huffed, crossing her arms. "I knew we were loosing, but I was hoping for it to be Hufflepuff. They're the cutest little puff balls." She frowned, and the boys spoke the password, helping Lilly into the common room. She made her way up to get dressed in her robes, and cleaned the ash off her hands. She pulled a brush through her red hair, until she thought it was enough to pass her fathers inspection.

She made her way down to the common room, and met up with the twins. The three were together as much as the golden trio. She nearly lost it when they were gone for Holiday break, even if she did spend more time with her brother and his friends. Maybe this year her father would actually take her to do something this holiday when the snow is on the ground, and there is a chill in the air. She thought about that as the three walked. 

"What are you thinking Lilly?" spoke Fred, as they passed a few students. He wasn't about to admit to a girl that he liked her. In his eyes, you never tell a girl you like her, it makes you look like an idiot. 

"Thinking about how boring it is going to be without you all this summer... because father is probably going to be extremely protective after the year I have had. Especially since..." She shook her head, as they walked into the great hall and took her seat. She took a deep breath, as she watched Dumbledore walk up to the podium.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points.  And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House,"spoke the professor, with a proud voice. Looking at the table, Lillian let out a small groan. There was a large amount of cheers and Draco, was about to stand up. 

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award.  To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points. Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points.  And third, to Mr. Harry Potter and Miss Lillian Snape, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points," Dumbledore spoke. Lillian looked at Fred with a large smile, and he chuckle. "And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom," at that the Gryffindor let out loud cheers and it was a myriad of celebration. 

Lilly smirked as she stood and walked over to Draco, the girl looking very prideful. "Guess you aren't as good as you think you are, are you Malfoy?" The girl smirked, striding away. She let out a laugh, with crossed arms. The banners turned from snakes to lions, and from green and silver to red and gold. The Gryffindor table became the loudest, with large smiles on their faces. Lilly could feel the warmth of her new family and she loved it. She went back to finish her food, before realizing that it was the last day of school. She looked at the twins, and shook her head, and tears fell down her cheeks.

"I can't believe this is already the last day of school! And to think that I already made best friends," she spoke, looking between the twins. Ofcourse that isn't always the easiest thing to do when you become close with someone. She pulled them tight, and held them. The two boys hugged her back. That was it, they were know known as the trickster trio. Or as Lillian's own father called them, the annoyance alliance. Ofcourse they are still friends, in the end. But this this is just the beginning, just like Harry's story, she will discover how strong she truly is through the power of harmony. As we look back down on Lilly, she stood, looking at the train, watching it slowly start to move. Her father had his hand on her shoulder, and watched with her.

"Lillian...why those two? Out of all... the Weasleys... you had to pick the ones who enjoy my pain," he spoke, moving her towards Hogsmaid. This is what the two discussed, until it was time for them to head home. The flock needed to return to their nest, as they did. Though Snape knew Lilly was strong, he still wanted to keep things from her. He wanted to make sure the girl was safe from harm. Blood in this case was as thick as the lake on the Hogwarts grounds, and Severus knew that this girl needed to be protected, loved, cared for. He just didn't know when the time would have been better to tell her of James.

As the two arrived home, lillian asleep in Snapes arms, the older man laid her on the couch. He covered the young girl with an older blanket that once belonged to her mother. He decided that this summer, would be the year she met her real family, other than Harry.