chapter six

As she reached the dungeon, her heart was slowly calming. She was still easily, so when snape placed his hand on her shoulder, she nearly jumped out of her skin.

"Lillian. You are breaking curfew." Was all the black haired man spoke. Instantly, Lillian turned and hugged her father. Tears freely flowing at this point. Snape sighed and picked her up, and carried her to his office. He was reminded of the years in the past, when her wrist scar would burn because of her nightmares. Once they made it to his office, he shut the door and sat with her in his lap.

"P-Papa... it really hurts...and I think someone is after me... I-I wanna go home... I don't wanna be here. I would rather be with mean nanny." Her voice was trembling, and she was looking terrified of every sound.

"Lillian, I will not let anyone harm you... not even he who shall not be named. You are my most important asset." Snape muttered, rocking her in his chair. This was something that hadn't happened since she five. The young girl let herself calm down, but she wouldn't sleep. She couldn't, scared of seeing the face of the dark lord on the back of an unknowns head. "You need to rest... you have classes in the morning and I am not above failing my own daughter. You do realize that I am the most feared of all the teachers. "

"Yes father... but I am fully awake now. Can't we go drink some warm milk like old times, or watch a movie until I fall asleep? I do not wish to be by myself...besides... I like being close to the Slytherin dorms... I don't see how I wasn't a Slytherin. Father I just want to be a normal muggle child... At school with the children who see me as innocent and..." he stopped her, and shook his head. 

"You are safer with numbers, and people whom you can trust meaning adults... we went over this time and time again. Do not let me hear you ask such stupid questions again. I will let you sleep in the Slytherin commons tonight, but you must keep your word on the staying at Hogworts. If you do... I will allow you to spend more time with the incompatent weasly clan. Understood?" he spoke, feeling the girl start to drift into darkness. 

"Yes, father..." she spoke, with a nod. She rubbed her eyes and let out a kitten like yawn. After falling asleep in her fathers arms, Snape took her to the Slytherin commons. He laid her on the couch, and let her slowly drift into darkness. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, she woke up before everyone else. She headed to the Great Hall, and sat where her friendly twin brothers had been sitting. 

"Snape, you are here early. Where new you this morning? We were going to come get you, but Hermione said that you left your room last night." Goerge commented, looking at the young girl who was more asleep, than ever. 

"Um... well... I had a horrid dream last night, and if I have those... I usually go to father..." she admitted. "So... I went to his office and talked to him about what had happened," she passed and froze as she saw the professor with the turban on his head. her heart stopped. "I-It's impossible... there is no way he is actually real..."

"Lilly... are you alright? Why are you looking at professor Quarrel?" Fred asked, placing a hand on Lilly's shoulder. He actually seemed to be worried. "You know you can talk to me, Right?" He asked. 

"I-Its okay... I am probably being paranoid. It's all fine... I don't need to worry. You don't have to worry about me. It is fine..."She spoke, looking at him with a slight smile. She took a deep breath, and looked at the food that appeared in front of herself. "Oh! father... er Snape said that I am in your charms class where I am slightly advanced in my spells." Changing the subject had been a specialty of hers. She shook her head, letting the negative thoughts move out of her head. 

"Lilly... you can talk about things with us... you know?" He spoke, taking her hand. Lilly stood up,  with a small sigh out. 

"Fred, I will be okay... It was probably just a bad dream... okay?"She smiled, and shook her head with a small chuckle.  "I am gonna head to class. I will see you later." She took a deep breath, and walked to the dungeon, but stopped when she heard voices. She hid behind the pillar, and listened. 

"How do I get her to come back Crab? She was mine... and not those stupid blood traitors. It's not bloody fair! She was mine first!" the voices grew closer, as she bit her lip. She knew it was Draco... but why? Why would he want a girl so bad? Who had been the blood traitor that they had been talking about? She was instantly confused. She wanted to move out of the shadows, and ask. But Snape taught her to keep hidden.  "Ugh! Lilly is too good for those kinds of people. She is being raised by Snape isn't she?"

"Draco...you know she is related to Harry Potter... a boy who is like wanted by like the dark lord himself... so um... maybe you should strive for um...someone better?" another voice spoke, as they had gotten even closer to the young girl. 

"I Want Lilly Snape! No Matter The Bloody Cost!" Draco growled. Those words had scared the girl. She waited until the voices faded and slowly left to her classes. This was going to be a very long year, and Lilly knew that when Draco said something he meant it.