XIII | Happily Never After

Start from the beginning

"Ah ah ah, not so fast, Mr. Okoye."

"Damn it," Rumi mumbled,

"Rumi, language," Sir scorned as he grabbed her wrist and guided it behind him I signal for her to get behind him and she did as her father instructed.

"She's coming with me, Mr. Okoye whether you like it or now. She's mine," Juelz stated causing Sir to frown at Juelz's language use.

"My daughter is not your property and you will address her as the young lady that she is," Sir sternly stated. Juelz chuckled mischievously and Rumi's body shivered with fear at the sound of it.

"Dad just,"

"No!" Sir yelled, and everything began to happen in a flash.

Juelz swiftly shifted and launched at Rumi's father. Rumi showed and pleaded for Juelz to stop, but her father and Juelz continued to wrestle and tussle with one another. Juelz managed to break free from Sir's grasp and broke three of Sir's bones—collar bone, shoulder, and ankle. Sir shifted to his human form and balled himself into a fetal position on the floor as he breathe and groaned heavily in pain.

"Daddy!" Rumi screeched as she saw her father's body balled up like an unborn child in its mother's womb. Juelz clasped his hands around Rumi's neck and squeezed tightly. Rumi clawed at his hands for him to release her from his grasp, but his grip only got tighter.

"Let me go, Juelz!" Rumi managed to say as she tried to gain oxygen.

"Never!" Jules smirked previously at Rumi before speaking again, "You're mine."

"No, she's not," Shiloh's voice ranged throughout the building, and Juelz squinched his eyes before releasing Rumi from his grasp and her body fell to the floor. Rumi struggled to breathe still as she coughed, trying to catch her breath.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you quite clearly," Juelz said tauntingly.

"Oh I think you heard me quite clearly. I see you get her go," Shiloh stated as he took a quick glance over at Rumi to see if she was okay. She sat near her father and she cried at the sight of him in pain.

"And who might you be clown?" Juelz chuckled.

"I'm the alpha, you better ask about me, and laying your hands on her will get you hurt," Shiloh informed Juelz.

"Is that a threat?" Juelz questioned.

"No, it's a promise." Shiloh stated.

Juelz chuckled before launching at Shiloh but before he could even get within the rage if five feet near Shiloh, Rumi stood to her feet and chanted a spell causing Juelz's body to immediately fling across the room. Rumi continued to chant the spell and it caused Juelz's body to fly in every which way across the room. Rumi was so angry and upset with the events that occurred she couldn't control herself.

"Rumi, stop!" Shiloh yelled to her but her chants never ceased. In fact, they became louder and stronger.

"What the hell? What's wrong with my sister? Who are you?" Dior came into the room and shouted. Dior watched the scene for a few more moments before gazing around the room and seeing their father lying on the floor in agony. "Daddy!"

"Go get your mother, Dior. Hurry." Sir managed to say although he was in pain. Dior nodded before scurrying off to find Ruki.

Shiloh frowned at the sight of Rumi upset and crying before going over to her and grabbing her face to gain her attention.

"Listen to me baby you gotta fight and focus to gain control again," Shiloh softly stated as he look her in the eyes. "You have to breathe. Take slow deep breaths. In and out. I need you to gain control again before someone comes in here," Shiloh started as she gazed at him and her chants began to stop. A thud was heard throughout the room as Juelz's body hit the floor. Rumi looked around the room at the catastrophe and went to kneel beside her father as he lied on the floor in pain.

"Daddy, what can I do? You're not healing! I can do a healing spell so," Rumi's sentence was cut short by her father speaking.

"No, baby girl. I will not let you risk exposing yourself. I'll be fine," Sir stated before looking over at Shiloh. "Thank you for protecting my baby girl."

"She knows I'll never let anyone harm her," Shiloh and Rumi locked eyes and Shiloh smiled at her.

"Rumi, I need you to go with him. Do not tell anyone where you are going. Just go with him," Sir instructed Rumi.

"But dad what about you?" Rumi inquired.

"Don't worry about me just go!" Sir started before looking at Shiloh and speaking again, "you take care of my baby girl."

"Always will," Shiloh started before grabbing Rumi's hand. Rumi stood to her feet and both of them left out the back of the building and managed to not be seen by anyone.

"Where are we going?" Rumi asked.

"My place. You'll be safe there. When I shift climb on my back and hold on tight. I have to get us away from here as quick as possible."

Shiloh shifted and Rumi did as he told her. It wasn't long before they made it to Shiloh's home and got settled. After a hot bath, Rumi was out for the night and the same for Shiloh—he wasn't far behind her.

__________
Published: December 7, 2021
WC: 1.5K