When Will I See You Again?

Jungkook stayed in a crisscrossed style. A blue woollen blanket draped over his head as his eyes stayed glued to the illuminated tv screen in front of him, the only light source in his bedroom to brighten up the night. His hand trailed to the end of the blanket to play with a loose thread of the blanket while the other hand was caught up in playing with the fluffy material of the carpet that was padding his bottom.

He let out a breathy sigh as he pressed his back against the end of the bed, the thing that was keeping him from falling over like a crashing ship.

His eyes, dry and red from multiple reasons. The two main reasons were because he spent a good hour and a half crying that day and because he also spent that hour and a half staring into the television screen.

Yoongi.

The scene behind Yoongi was set in his old house, he remembered every crook, nook and cranny of that second home of his. Although he was never welcomed into the house by the family, Yoongi managed to make that place special to him.

His deep and husky voice rang in his ears as he watched the video play in front of him. He wants to hear that voice every time he wakes up and when he goes to sleep. He hopes that one day he will eventually wake up to that voice. Then he will be finally happy again. Although, until then, he is suffering by himself.

"Hey, Baby," Yoongi smiled, waving at the screen. "You are watching this tape because you are sad. Why are you sad, Kookie? If someone has hurt you I'll kill them!"

Jungkook laughed dryly. He always did find his boyfriend's humour amusing to him. He just wishes he could hear more of his jokes and hear his laughs in reality instead of from poor quality home films that were so many years old.

"Okay, you are watching this tape because you are sad right? Why don't I tell you some jokes? Okay! I got a good one my friend always used to tell me!" Yoongi grinned mischievously into the camera, preparing himself to tell the joke. "Knock, knock."

"Who's there?" Jungkook sheepishly replied, his voice weak and dry from not drinking water in hours, but he wasn't planning on getting up to get some any time soon.

"Europe," Yoongi replies, as if on cue. The way it fitted perfectly when he answered. It made him feel like he was here with him again. But he wasn't.

"Europe who?" Jungkook muttered drowsily, tilting his head to the side like a lost puppy.

"No, you're a poo!" Yoongi's laughter was blaring from the screen, his laugh was so intoxicating that it made Jungkook laugh as well. "I'm sorry, baby..." Yoongi's laughter quietened down. "You're not a poo, you are my little fluffy bunny! Every time I look at you I realize how lucky I am to have you and every passing day I spend with you is a blessing... I'm so lucky to have you-"

"Yoongi! Dinner is ready!" Yoongi's mom called for the boy, making the boy in the video groan in response.

"Coming!" Yoongi yelled back to his mom before focusing all of his attention back to the camera. "I'm sorry, Kookie. Have to go now but I hope I managed to make you smile. If you did then I am happy just knowing I did my job as your boyfriend... I love you, bye, KooKoo."

The screen went black. The black compact tape shot out from the VCR. Jungkook went to take the tape out of the machine and held it in his hand. He traces his fingers over the white label with the words "when you're sad" on it.

His eyes teared up. He's never been the same since the day Yoongi went missing. That has been six years ago now.

After they held the memorial ceremony in memory of his name, the family cleared out his room. Apparently, the box was signed to Jungkook so when Yoongi's brother found it, he gave it to Jungkook the moment he could before the evil mother could bin it.

So, here he was, six years later. Watching the hundreds of tapes he had left him.

He tied the blanket around his neck like a cape before looking through the box of gifts that were left for him. He found one that caught his eyes titled "when you're sad pt2." He didn't watch the second part to the video as many times as you would think. Whenever he sets his eyes on Yoongi in the video he can't help but cry even more like the broken man that he is. Unlike what most people would think, he only watched the tapes for their purposes.

He was quick to toss part one back in the box and inject the second tape into the cartridge slot. Watching the screen light up again. Yoongi appeared again, although this time his lips were outlined in the sauce. "Baby, why are you still sad? Did my joke not make you feel better?"

"It did, more than anyone can ever imagine." The younger muttered pathetically to the screen, smiling as he watched Yoongi realize the state of his mouth and was quick to wipe it off.

"None the less! Now, what would make my bunny happy? Think you genius!" Yoongi aggressively poked his forehead, making Jungkook giggle again. The video was working.

"Oh! I got it! Do you remember our favourite thing to do, KooKoo?" Yoongi queered grinning deviously at the younger.

"Karaoke?" Jungkook responded, not certain if his answer was correct. He has forgotten a lot of things over the years.

"Karaoke! Come'on, Kookie! I remember your favourite song too! Give me a call, Baby, Baby!" Yoongi started grinning brightly, his eyes automatically closing as he shined his bright gummy smile. "Call me right now! Give me a call, Baby, Baby!"

"I wait for you every day... That you love me, love me. At least send me a text..." Jungkook sang quietly, his voice easily getting overpowered by Yoongi's energetic and loud one. "Don't make me cry, no..." Junngkook wiped his eyes, forcing a smile on his face as he listened to the older sing for him.

"I wonder what you are doing, and how busy you are-" Jungkook knocked off the tv and sighed out deeply, he didn't and just couldn't bring himself to watch the end of it.

Jungkook's eyes averted to the box full of tapes, still so many tapes left to watch but at the moment he didn't want to see any more for the day. He just wanted to drown his pain and sorrow in a deep sleep and hope to see Yoongi there again.

Maybe in a happier state than how he left him.