Date Night

The dance was nice, but it didn't last long. Winter wanted to talk to Weiss more, something you completely understood. You let her return to her sister as you walked back outside to not distract her. A couple hours went by and you were still outside the house. The Atlas night was cool, clearly freezing you to the bone but you stayed there, not wanting to interrupt Winter and Weiss' talk.

You know how special those talks would be with one another. Sometimes you had to slap yourself just to keep yourself awake and away from trouble with Jacques. Eventually, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You presumbed it was a guard telling you to leave, but when you looked up you saw Winter giving you a small smile.

Winter: Ready?

(Y/N): Yeah. (Yawns) Let's bounce.

Winter reached into your pocket and grabbed your keys. You were about to fight for them back but she raised a hand and stopped you.

Winter: You're WAY too tired to drive.

(Y/N): Well, sorry. I was outside the entire night and aura climate control is very limited sometimes.

Winter: Why didn't you come inside then?!

(Y/N): I didn't want to ruin the moment with you and Weiss. I ruined it before, I was not going to lose it again.

Winter: (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Speaking of which, how was it?

Winter: It was swell! She's doing well in school and we have established a training session with one another. And...she has convinced father, with the help of Whitley and mother, to let me move back into the manor with them.

(Y/N): Oh...that's great.

Winter: (Eyes widen in realization) That's not what I meant! I am happy to spend time with you, (Y/N), and you have given me more than enough. I wouldn't have come to the conclusion that the idea would be so-

(Y/N): Winter. Don't worry. It's a win, win here. You can get off my couch and spend time with your family and you can keep training Weiss.

Winter: But what about you?

(Y/N): Me?

You began to think it over as you reached your car. Once inside, no thanks to Winter pushing you into the passenger seat, you smiled once you formulated your answer.

(Y/N): The satisfaction knowing I did my job, helping people.

Winter slowly looked back at you and you just gave her a large smile. She formed a small smile in response and began to drive off into the night. As you were driving, Winter cracked the heat up in the car to warm you up, something you greatly appreciated. After a couple more minutes of driving, you could see your apartment was in range. You smiled as the long night of waiting and cold was about to end.

However, Winter drove past the building and kept going down the street. You slowly turned back to her.

(Y/N): I know you're not stupid...

Winter: But...?

(Y/N): You just drove past my building.

Winter: Well...you have been sacrificing so much for me in the past five days and I only feel it is right to repay you somehow. And, you spent nearly three hours in the cold and I simply cannot allow that to go unnoticeable. So, I am going to repay you with dinner.

(Y/N): Uh, Winter. That's nice and all but I'm not really a fan of-

Winter: And it isn't anywhere big and fancy. I know you hate that type of place. And besides, I don't think you or I will be...welcomed there. Looking as we do tonight.