Now What

It had been three years now since graduation. You were a Captain in the Atlas army and worked closely with your uncle and other high ranking officers. The job was fun and it was nice to work closely with family. But still, it had been three years since you last saw Winter. According to her, her father cut her off from the family and she was no longer the heiress of the company so she was handled strictly by the military.

You were inside your apartment in Atlas since you got off duty. You were at your kitchen table going through some files and random videos online and having a grandiose time. That's when a knock was heard at your door. You weren't expecting guests but you decided to see who it was anyway. You opened the door and were shocked when you saw that Winter was standing before you.

(Y/N): Winter? What the heck are you doing here?

Winter: Can I...can I come in?

You looked stunned that she would even ask that. You grabbed her shoulders and quickly ushered into your home.

(Y/N): Get in here.

You dragged Winter into your kitchen and sat her down. You had known her favorite meal and made it for her. You sat it down in front of her and watched as she quickly at it. You had never seen her this hungry before so, you decided to push for it.

(Y/N): So...what were you doing out there? Not complaining that you're here of course.

Winter: It's...father has cut me away from the family's money. And I'm not ready to go back to that home. So...I have no place to go.

(Y/N): (Sighs) Leave it to your stubbornness.

Winter: Excuse me?!

(Y/N): Just saying you have always been stubborn, especially against your father. I'm not saying it's always a bad thing, far from it, but surely there could be some upsides to-

Winter: There isn't.

(Y/N): Right. So...you need a place to stay. Couch is as comfy as it's going to get. So that's all up to you.

Winter: I'll be fine with it.

(Y/N): ...Good. Is everything else ok? Like the family dilemma I can understand but you seem way more...not you than usual.

Winter sighed and slowed down her eating.

Winter: It's nothing much. Just need to get used to everything first. Traveling and the paper work is never fun.

(Y/N): I know right. Most annoying part about this whole thing.

Winter: Yeah.

The two of you sat there in awkward silence. You nod slowly and push yourself closer to Winter. She cocked an eyebrow at you and you smiled at her. You stuck your tongue out at her and she laughed to herself a bit. You laughed with her.

(Y/N): So, you said traveling. Where to?

Winter: Mistral mainly. You should see it during the summer months! The plays! The lights!

(Y/N): And she changes her opinions on the plays.

Winter: It was for a meeting.

(Y/N): Still changed them.

Winter glared at you slightly but you just gave her a signature smile and looked back at her.

(Y/N): So...How's Weiss doing?

Winter: She's alright. From what I can presume.

(Y/N): What you can presume is not the same thing as what you can know.