Chapter 2: Golden Orbs

Start from the beginning

"Who are you?" you asked, with a tone high. Perhaps it may come off as rude since you realize the emotions on his face dimmed a bit, but he was still had his cheeky smile on his face.

"Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you," he answered, giving out his hand to shake with yours. You hesitantly take his hands and connected them with yours.

"Y/N. Nice to meet you too." he nodded quietly, as he smiled again with now you notice, the dimples showing on both of his cheeks. "I'm a new professor here, you seem a bit lost there.. Besides, I never saw your face in here." he boldly says, making you arch your eyebrows.

"You're new, how would you know if I was a new student or not?" again, it was unintentionally rude and you mentally slap your head for that. He let out a chuckle, "I may be only been here for 3 years but i can quickly catch which are my students or not". Feeling confused even more, you asked "Your students?"

"Yes, all of the students here are being taught by me. Haven't you notice there are only, what? 600 ish people in this town and only 200 of them are around your age." Feeling shocked at his statement, you widened your eyes and a gap left hanging between your lips.

He lets out a deep chuckle seeing your reaction then, he asks you  "Now since you're new here, may I see your timetable- perhaps I can tell you when you'll see me or not." you quickly give him the timetable that was given by your mom to you.

"ah, you're in class history of Architecture? Marvelous, you'll see me soon. About a couple of minutes from now. Well then, I have to prepare the class, see you soon new student." He gives back your timetable with a polite nod before he turns around and head back to where he was supposed to.

Still feeling awed at the fact he just said. There were only 600 ish people? That's not even as much as the people in your high school! How odd, that made you gotten even more curious. Seeing the fact that the town was so little, also betting the fact that everybody must have known almost everybody in this town.

You were too lost in your own abstruse thought until the sound of bells ringing echoed through the massive hall. Jumping at the sudden sound, you quickly regained yourself as you walk towards the class you were supposed to be.

Hopefully, it will all work out well, you thought to yourself. Sighing with ease before you open the door, to the bright light of a new beginning.

___

Time passed shortly, and you didn't even realize the bells were ringing once more. This time, signaling that it was time for the students to have a break or continue their studies. Of course, depending on one's timetable. You yawned, feeling heavy already upon your head, after hearing hours and hours of the History Of Architecture lecture by none other than of course, Mr. Kim.

Upon something great, unexpectedly for your surprise, Mr. Kim announces, saying "class dismissed, I have another class to teach, see you next week students!". Gathering all his stuff, he quickly rushes outside the classroom. To be honest, you felt really bad for the young man, although the university only holds for 200 students, he still manages to teach all of them.

Must have been hard, you thought to yourself as you clean the table and walk down the row of seats, stepping outside the classroom. You clasped your books in your hands tightly as you walk outside, observing the hall you were once again.

It was still confusing to you, how the design was able to bring the same feeling you had with the ones in your grandmother's house. Lost in your thought once more, a grumbling noise came upon your ears. Widening your eyes, you glance down at your stomach.