Cinderblock and Cookies

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for being here to support Namjoonie." Bomi chuckled, and hugged the sweet guy. But then she started to cry again. "I love you, guys..."

"We love you too..." Jimin and Yoongi answered in unison.

[End of flashback]

.

Tonight

Take all the ghosts and all those skeletons you hide

And bury them deep beneath the ground

Let them rest

'Cause you weren't meant to bear that burden

Look at the roses in your garden

You can breathe now and forget

.

He opened the door. The door of the cockloft room he used to spent when he was younger. The bedroom he used to stay and rest when his mother got a treatment. The bedroom when he did wrong to somebody he loves.

He stepped inside and walked heading into the large trellised windows. And peeked outside to look into the carnations garden.

The whole old mansion was still fine and well maintained. There are people who came to clean the house once a week. To take a good care of the building and the garden.

He stayed there staring outside for a while. He shut his eyes closed and reflecting what he did in the past. He bit his lower lip as he cried...

His heart bleed, and it's still bleeding. But he decided to let go. As the agreement papers asked him to. And he knows for good. His heart will forever being ripped and bleeding as he had no chance to ask for forgiveness, from him. But it's probably his punishment. And he knew he deserved it.

So he left. Leaving the olive green lyrics book, his own lyrics book, in the study table, along with his sorrys.

He promised to live well.

Though he would never see him ever again, he promised he would stay alive to pay his sins.

Because it's his punishment. To live when he'd lost everything that made it worth living...

.

That we could make forever after all

Finding the gold in our darkest moments

Watching the roads turning into white roses

.

"Hi! Long time no see. How are you?" The waiter asked the man wo sat near the window. "Iced americano, Namjoonie?"

"I'm doing well." Namjoon answered with smile plastered on his face. "Iced americano, please."

It's the coffee shop near the university he used to visit when he was a college student. The coffee shop that he used to see Seokjin ordered some latte or hot chocolate in the old days.

"Sure. Anything else?"

"Uhm... Pasta?"

The waiter raised his left eyebrow. "But you don't like pasta?"

"Well... People change? Even for their taste?" Namjoon grinned.

"Okay. Will be served in a minute."

Namjoon looked around to notice that nothing has changed. Even after three years. He sighed as he needed to accept that the only change was the absence of this certain special person's presence. He sighed and decided to check some business emails from his cellphone.