Epilogue

Not edited. Hiiiii! Once again... Thank you! Thank you! I couldn't have done this without you so masses of hugs to you all. An announcement will be coming soon :) Be happy, play nice... Be you. Mari xxx

(psst... No she hasn't been marked yet)

"Are you ready?" he asked as he took her hand in his when they turned to go through the large iron gates of the Cresent Reed Pack.

"No." She laughed nervously.

"You'll be fine baby. Just stick by me and we'll get through this together."

"I'm scared Ethan. What if..." her voice trailed off as she remembered the past. Being here made everything return and she found it hard to breathe. Her heart ached as she watched tensely to see the pack house come into view knowing people were going to be waiting.

"Hello little one" his eyes glowed with love.

"Hello Sander." she smiled.

"Courage Nellie. Walk with your head held high. Remember you're not walking alone."

"I'll try Sander but I can't promise." Her insecurities were starting to surface. Seeing these people for the first time since the full moon was daunting and she was fighting to find the strength to go through with it. Running away seemed like a good option right at that moment.

"Try your hardest and that will be acceptable. We are with you."

Nellie smiled almost sadly that there was even a need for their protectiveness. She watched as the rigid proudness left Ethans body and he relaxed showing that Ethan was once more in charge.

"He's doing that a lot more these days."

"I think it's cute." Nellie giggled.

"Cute?" he scoffed "my wolf is not  cute!"

Hannah giggled from the back seat "Sander is cute Daddy."

Ethan mock gasped in horror "What have you been teaching our daughter? Don't worry Alex, Daddy will save you!"

Nellie drew a sharp breath as the pack house seemed to pop up in front of them. There was a multitude of people waiting outside. This was it. She'd actually returned.

Memories hit with force as she battled to fight back on the tears while once again feeling the memories of the physical pain she endured. Scars that would last forever. She tried to dismiss the way she was feeling but each time she tried it got worse. She'd spent nearly four years oblivious to the pain these people caused her and for a moment she wished she'd never remembered... until she looked at Ethan. He knew her at her worst and he accepted her without question. He was truly amazing.

Ethan squeezed her hand once more "we'll be ok."

She smiled weakly at him. He could tell she was fighting a battle within herself but knew there was no way he'd let her fight this battle alone.

As the car pulled to a stop Ethan watched from the corner of his eye to see Nellie gripping her hands together as she slowly made her way to get out of the car. He watched as she looked around while others from the pack watched on curiously. Hannah slipped her hand into Nellies as Ethan walked around the car with Alex. He held his hand out to her with a smile and together they walked forward as the cars carrying their loved ones came to a stop behind them.

Ethan watched the members of the pack as some bowed their heads in respect. Nellie was their future Alpha... now they just had to tell her.

"JANELLA!"

Ethan stiffened. It was Cameron. Definitely not the person he wanted her to have to deal with right now.

Sander took over.

"Go away little boy."

"No. Nellie please... I just want to talk with you." his eyes pleaded for just a moment so he could convince her.

Sander was extremely happy to feel that his mate had moved closer to him. Never had he felt as proud as he was in that moment. His mate trusted him to protect her and protect her he would.

"My mate wants nothing to do with you" Sander snarled "Go back to your own mate and children."

The colour of Cams face immediately reddened in anger "Who the hell are you to tell me what to do with my true mate?"

Sander refused to lose his temper in front of his pups and reveal secrets that weren't ready to come out in his fit of anger that would lead him to be violent. He knew all about the horrors of life and wasn't about to add a memory of their father killing someone into theirs unless it was completely necessary. So instead, he chose the only course of action that would calm himself down; he mocked him.

"Awww do you not know who I am? Poor little boy. Do you also run home to your mummy and cry when you can't get your own way?"

People were trying desperately not to laugh as Paul stepped forward "I think that's enough Sander."

Sanders blackened eyes started to change and soon to the amazement and fear of the onlookers they glowed a brilliant shade of violet. Gasps from the crowd were loud as adults started to kneel prompting Sander to speak again "Do you know who I am Paul?"

Paul bowed his head "You're Alesander Guerrier"... he knelt.