Chapter 11

Not edited.

Ella

Watching the man who claimed to know who she was walk away was disturbing. She wanted to call him back but was scared and she didn't even think to ask his name so she could call him. Did he really know who she was? Was today really the day she'd find out?

A hand over hers brought her out of her thoughts and she looked too see her coworker Lottie looking at her with a concerned face.

"Are you ok Ella? You're shaking like a leaf!"

She nodded to Lottie "I'm ok Lottie. Just in a bit of shock."

"Listen boss, it's quiet so why don't you take a break and have a cup of sweet tea or something?"

Ella shuddered "I'll take the break but you can have the tea Lottie. That stuff was designed to kill you."

Lottie laughed. They'd had this conversation before.

"Ok boss. Just go and take  a break."

"I'll just be in the office Lottie if you need me. I have a phone call to make."

Sitting at her desk Ella felt the tears as they started to fall. Could this be it finally? Would she find out who she was today? Would she remember?

She tried to call Brian but gave up when it kept going through to voice mail. He was notorious for not recharging it. She looked at the time and knew there was a good possibility that he was with Stacy. So she called her.

"Stacy? Have you seen Dad today?"

"He's here now Ella. What's up?"

Ella took a deep breath and as her hand shook she held it to her ear "There was this guy who came into the shop..."

"Are you ok? Did he hurt you? I'll cut him up! Call the cops Ella... no I will... "

"Stacy, no, it's not like that." As nervous as she felt she still sniled at Stacy's typical over reaction.

"What happened Ella? You sound different."

"Could you put the phone on speaker please?"

"Hey sweetie. What's happening?" his concerned voice came through the phone.

"Dad" she drew a deep breath "this guy came into the shop and he knew me."

Stacy shrieked. Brian exclaimed "Oh my God! Are you sure Ella? He might have just remembered you from all the media stuff when you were first found."

"No Dad. He has an accent so I don't think he knows about it. He says he can prove who I am."

"Whew! I'd like to meet this guy and find out how genuine he is before I believe him."

"That's why I'm calling Dad. I agreed to meet with him..."

"Oh Ella you shouldn't have done that without talking with us so we could arrange a safe place to meet him."

"I know Dad. I told him I'd meet him in the food court at lunch time and he said he'd bring photos. I don't feel bad about him at all, he doesn't make me feel uncomfortable but..."

"But what sweetie?"

"I'm scared Dad" she said nervously.

"What's there to be scared of? You don't have to meet with him unless you really want to sweetie."

Ella placed her hand to her forehead "I want to meet with him Dad but...what if I don't remember anything he has to say? What if I'm just hoping for too much? What if I wasn't a nice person and everyone hated me?"

"Ella Holden! You stop right there. No one can change that much. You are an amazing young woman and mother. We're all damn proud of you!"

"Will you come?" she asked nervously.

"Oh sweetie there's no way in hell you're meeting this guy without me there! I'll call your mother and let her know what's going on. I know she'll be happy to have Alex for a little while longer."

"I'm coming too Ella."

"Thank you... both of you. I can't ever imagine life without you."

"We're not going anywhere sister. You're stuck with us forever!"

"You know Stacy... that almost sounds like a threat."

"DAD!"

Brian smugly said "What?" as his daughter tried to get the upper hand.

"Hey guys... I have to go. Meet up at one... Ok?  I need to get back to work before I have to fire myself. Tell mum to give Alex a hug from me."

They all laughed as they agreed to the arrangement.

Ethan

He slammed the door of the unit they'd rented for the month, looking around he saw this part of the unit empty. He rushed to bang on the door of the room that Sarah was sharing with Hannah.

"Sarah!"

"Yes Ethan?" she called from inside.

"Come out Sarah, now!"

The door opened and a worried Sarah came through it. "Sorry, Hannah's asleep and I was getting changed. What's up?

"I found her."

"What?

"I found her" he paced the room unable to stand still.

"Ethan..."

He stopped pacing and looked at her. His smile was wide and his eyes were filled with an abundance of pride.

"I found Janella."

"What?" Sarah whispered as the tears built up.

"I found her Sarah. She's beautiful and wonderful and...

"

"You really found her?" Sarahs voice was breaking.

" I did Sarah. I bought this koala from her. It was her Sarah." he looked dreamily into the bag he was still holding.

"I can't believe it" Sarah said as she moved to the lounge to sit down before she fell "you found Nellie."

"I really did Sarah. I'm in so much shock right now. I called the alpha and he was going to talk with Marjorie and West."

"It's the middle of the night over there!" Sarah said shocked.

"Who cares Sarah! I found Nellie. Beautiful Nellie. You know what the best part of all this is Sarah?"

"We get to take her back where she belongs?"

"She belongs with me Sarah."

"Huh?"

Ethan smiled at the confused look on the young woman before him.

"Sarah.... Nellie... Beautiful Janella.."his smile widened and with love and affection he said "she's mine!"